close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

other Anglersin the streams.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Walter Adkins, Jul 20, 2005.

1. I have noticed that when I am fishing I seldom see any other anglers. Most anglers that I run into are fishing below a bridge or within 1/4 mile of it. How far do you guys and gals walk or paddle when fishing a stream? How many anglers do you see while fishing?

2. When I do the river thing I usually plan to make it well away from the bridge for just the reason you mentioned. If I have a few hours I will try to wade quickly to the next good hole and then keep moving steadily until I have made it quite a ways up/downriver. I guess I may often go 1/2 mile to a mile. When I was younger and had plenty of time we would go several miles in a day.

3. I walk until there are not other anglers!;) Really the places I creek fish I hardly ever see anyone but if I am fishing a creek where other are I just keep on walking. I have walked several miles of river in Michigan while steelhead fishing to find a good hole with no one in it. Bottom line for me, I'll walk till I find what I'm looking for!

4. I average about 3 miles of creek on a normal morning. I let the fish dicate my pace. If they are bitting where I'm at, there is no reason to move.

There are NO fish in the streams that I fish.....and no reason for anyone else to fish them!

5. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I usually wade at least a mile. Although the fishing doesn't always seem to be that much better away from the more frequented areas I have noticed.

6. As far as etiquette goes....if you are wading though and somebody is there....what's the best way to pass them without disturbing their fishing?

7. Watch where they are casting and dont walk thru that area, or if possible get out of the water and walk around them!

8. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Yup, what he said.
    Also I usually go in at one bridge and out at the next or get dropped off at a section on private property and have a vehicle parked where I plan on coming out.

9. Back when i could wade, we would alawys walk couple of miles up stream from where we parked. The fish all the way back to the car.

Hey Buddy hows that canoe treating you???

10. I guess I would have to say I wade anywhere from a mile to 5 miles. I mainly fish while walking upstream because I have better luck and I aint fishing through the mud thats washing down stream as I walk. But I do still fish while walking back downstream, I just spend more time fishing while going up and walk alot faster when coming back.

11. I usually go up to a mile for an average wading trip and fish moving upstream if at all possible. But as Rooster said, let the fish dictate. If I'm catching them, then I'll move slower. However, my trips lately seem to be going faster and faster, that can't be good :D !