close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OSU/MU predictions..

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by crappielooker, Aug 30, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i say the bucks win by a touchdown and a field goal..
    OSU 17
    MU 7
    can't wait.. :)

2. I know it is early in the season and also that Tressel plays a pretty conservative game but I think they will want to establish some confidence in the running game and I think they have some guys who can do that.

I am going with 35-10.

3. I agree Miami 35-10. :D

Seriously, as much as I want the Redhawks to win.

OSU 21
    MIami 10

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

5. I think someone has fallen and bumped his head.:p

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Well, Brian...I think this one could be the upset of the year. Miami squeak's by 14-7. ;) OOOOUCH...! :D

7. I just want to make sure that everyone knows that we are talking about Miami University in Ohio and not Florida.;):p

8. Hook N Book

The M.A.C. for sure...! Miami, has been successful against big 10 teams in the past. They have a new coach up there (Oxford, Oh. :D ) and no one really knows what to expect from him. It's kind of funny that O-state was only a Krensel scramble away from a loss during their championship season three years ago. The Mighty Bearcats had that game won...three straight shots to the in-zone two drops and the rest is history. The BUCKS are fare game...the upset is coming...! ;)

9. You are right on that one. And UC was the first of several breaks throughout that season.;) But I think in many ways this team is much better than that team was. That does not mean that I am saying they are definitely going to win the national championship because things still have to fall their way throughout the season, avoid injuries in key positions, etc.

I think the offense is far better than it was that year. The defense may not be quite as good in the secondary and perhaps not as good on the D-line at least early on. But their LB's are second to none. I think they have enough bodies on the line to mix in to find someone effective. Fresh bodies up front will take a lot of heat off the DB's.

So much of the press has been made of the QB "controversy" and whether there is a capable RB but I don't worry about either of those. I think the QB's are all very capable. They have a few capable RB's and their success lies in the hands of the O-line, which I am hoping is tougher up front than the '01 team.

10. Hook N Book

Those early season games seem to always be un-nerving. You're right, the one thing O-state always seems to have is great Offensive linemen...heck, with the guys they have up front, i could go for a thousand over the season. :D Their running game will be fine...the pass offense may be a different story seeing how there seems to be some indecision with who the permanent QB will be. I guess only time will tell.

11. sgofish

sgofish AEP or Bust

Gotta go with the Buckeyes 34 to 7. Ginn will score one from somewhere, one passing and two running scores. The new field goal kicker gets a couple also. Miami will score on a fluke play late in the game. May be a pipe dream, but, who knows?

The only true vanishing breed in the U.S. is a Miami Redskin Alumni.

12. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

13. NEWS UPDATE

While I don't make predictions, I WILL share this......While at the Columbus Zoo, I learned they have a penguin sporting a scarlet & gray armband..born the day the Bucks won the National Championship, that penguins' name is, of course, TRESSEL!!!

Mike

14. While Miami has a very good team again this year, OSU will be much improved over last year. Miami won't have an answer to Teddy Ginn's speed and athleticism. OSU has argueably the most experienced and talented linebacker corps in the country (and DeAndrea just recieved his medical redshirt by the NCAA-he's still a Jr). I hope Miami has a good game, though-I know their Offensive Center (Todd Londot) well as he's a local product. This guy is huge! 6'7" 315# 4.67 second 40 yd time in this spring's combines. OSU passed on him 5 years ago-he was only 6'6" and 235# then :rolleyes: .

OSU 35
    UM 17

Tim

15. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Next week

Texas-45

OSU-10

16. Miami has a very good QB and a solid defense with a lot of speed. They have played in large venues before and they place an emphasis on beating heavyweight opponents.

All this being said most of the players on the squad @ Miami were passed on by the Bucks. Yes, this provides a little extra motivation (if there is such a thing), but more importantly it means they will be lining up against better athletes on both sides of the ball.

No, better athletes doesn't automatically = a win. But, better athletes, a better coaching staff, and a home game spells out a win on this one.

Miami may hang around into the second half, but they will run out of gas trying to match up with the Bucks.

I've got it 31-13 Bucks

Flathunter - you've definately hit your head and if you are serious pm me and we can place a large cash bet!

17. I forgot about him being at Miami. It will add to the game getting to see a hometown boys playing.:)

18. You wanna bet?

I imagine you will find a lot of folks that will take OSU and 35 points against Texas...myself included.:D I don't know which team is going to win but I can guarantee it will not be Texas by 35.;)