close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

OShay tourney tonight

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, May 17, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Anyone fishing it tonight? Zfish and I will be there.

2. CreekFloater

CreekFloater Have Water, Will Fish

Hey Shake: What time does this start and where does it take off from? I wonder what shape the river is in?

3. ShakeDown

Heard the river is lookin real good...talked to GarryS last night, he had his S/T there yesterday and said the water looked great.

6pm is the start (get there around 5:30 to sign in/launch), at the Oshay ramp off Riverside/Home Rd. Bridge...only ramp on the lake unless I'm mistaken? $10 per person, Rainer Wolfe (OGF member) runs it. A very fun, low key pot tournament.

4. CreekFloater

Thanks, I guess I didn't realize there was only one ramp. This is not normally my stompin grounds. Only been up there a couple of times, so not real familiar with the area. I'll see what's happening. Maybe I can make it. If so, see you all there!

5. ShakeDown

Cool CF...hope you can make it...gonna be a nice evening out on the water.

FYI, boat rig doesnt matter. Rainer and his partner fish out of a 14" or so aluminum with a 9.9, and it hasn't stopped them from winning. I know a lot of guys get gunshy when you mention "tournament", but these are geared for everyone.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

hey Shake, what does Rainer put his fish in? I have a 14 with a 9.9, but no livewell. Just curious.

7. ShakeDown

CM...I'm pretty sure he has a Toho...I've seen guys use em before, and they seem to work great!

The first boat I had didn't have a livewell, so I rigged up a areator pump kit into a large cooler, and it worked pretty sweet. Wasn't the prettiest lookin thing, but it did the job.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I have always used a cooler with an areator, and it works well. That is the only kind of livewells used on the tournys I fish, b/c you have to rent a jonboat from the Hamilton County Park on the lakes.

9. It's a livewell like that toho. It's a great livewell for the fish cause they can swim around a lot. My boat was upgraded winter b4 last. It's an 18ft fisher jonboat with that tracker hull. Slower now, but bigger and less rough. There's a ramp in back of twin lakes to those of you who didn't remember. It's a shallow small gravel deal on other side of the road. Thanks for coming down last night guys. River's gonaa get better and better now. Hope to see you at Griggers next week at the ramp under fishinger Rd.

10. CreekFloater

Hey Ranier: Thanks for the welcome last night. Somebody forgot to tell the crappies that I was fishing in a bass tourney. Brother-in-law "Load" got all excited catching those crappies on crankbaits. Nice turnout for such a wet-ending of a night. What a lightning display on the way home! My lack of local water knowledge will have to change so I can get something for you guys to weigh in at nights end. Thanks again to all. I had a good time, despite getting a shut out thrown at me by the bass. I will be back!