Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 7-11am today at O'Shay. SLOW would be the word to describe our fishing. We had three solid bites between us and caught 2. A 13"er and a 16"er on a jig and spinnerbait respectively.

This lake looks soooo fishy...haven't had a lights out fishing trip there yet though. Only area I haven't fished is Twin Lakes bay and the zoo area. Maybe I should at least go fish twin lakes next time since it seems that's where everyone else fishes!

Tons and I mean tons of shad fry all over the place.

Hitting alum tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. O'Shay is 10 minutes from my house so I'm determined to learn how to fish it consistently. That 2 lber I caught today was as fat as a pre-spawn female! Loaded with shad I guess. I had that one and then another one about 2 lbs came unbuttoned within 10 minutes of each other so I'm thinking, "great-it's gonna be a good day.". Then it was the dead sea!

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
Tough isn't the word for it. O'Shaugnessy has indeed been tough the last few weeks. We'll see next weekend if it is still that hard. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
this was the time last year i started finding them on the drop offs with a 1/4 ounce vibe chrome and blue. Casting and burning it with pauses. If you find one you probably find a school of them banging shad. jig and twister was working as well when they went deeper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts