close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

O'Shay and Griggs

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Warpath, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Have a few questions about the two western reserviors in Franklin County.

Griggs and O'Shay seem pretty normal as far as lakes in this area. Cranks, Spinnerbaits, buzzbaits on good days, and plastics. But I am also finding it difficult to find keeper bass. How far north is it safe to go in Griggs and O'Shay. I know they both shoal further north, but where? My maps are not very good.

Plus, when you head south of Home Rd. ramp at O'Shay, the entrance to Twin Lakes from the main lake has buoys marking what I think is a sandbar. It seems to run lakewide, yes or no? Does that serve more to school up the saugeye, or do you guys sometime Carolina rig the slope looking for bass?

Also, can you pass under Dublin Road and fish the other side (west side) of the Twin Lakes area?

And finally, the area near the zoo has a bird sanctuary which is off limits. Is it the bay that has all the bird post/house just north of 257/750 on the left?

Thanks guys!

Eric

2. I fish OS several times a year and though I'm not as familiar as a local might be, I'll try to help. The entrance to Twin Lake is marked by a very severe point. You can get through easily--just keep track of your depth finder and watch the markers. I'm told you can pass under Dublin Road, but I've never done it.

3. I've fished Griggs for years. I can take my boat up to a mile south of the 161 bridge then it gets to be around 2ft deep.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Griggs. If you go north past the island, you'll come to a point where the river splits. If you stick to that left channel (trim you motor up), you can make it upto 161, and even past it. I've done this many times in an 18 foot bassboat, but if the water is down you'll hit bottom maye 50 yards before the 161 bridge.

5. Yeah I go up the left channel and usually get to just north of the island before my nevres give out.

6. twin lakes,
    The buoys mark no wake zone at the entrance...No wake all the way from there to the dam. I've gone under the bridge in the back of twin lakes, even up the creek on the right. The water back there is mostly pretty shallow. the mouth of that creek has one small spot that's usually5-6 ft. That's the deepest it'll get. The bank just through the bridge has decent depth, but other than that, mostly shallow. This river yields lots of good bass. Right now, the smallie action should be good where mill creek pours into O'shay up north too. cranks up there. My money river lure is usually a small jig.

7. Rainer,

Went up north of the 42 bridge at O'Shay on Tuesday with another Columbus Bassmaster. Where is Mill Creek in relation to the 42 bridge? I got all the way up there and blew a fuse on my fishfinder, which I mainly use as a depth finder. Got weary and turned south about 100 yards north of the old bridge piling with the marked buoy on it.

Thanks,
    Eric

8. mill creek is on the left north of the 1st bridge north of the home rd bridge. you must've passed it.