close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

O'sha channel - relased in front of hungry people

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by leckig, Jul 14, 2005.

1. I love it! I went to o'shaughnessy spillway tonight and the place was just stuffed with hungry people trying to catch some food. As usually, nothing was spared, even little 5 inch channel babies.

I was really happy catching this one:

[​IMG]

and releasing it back to the water in front of these starving muchachos. I'm sooooo EVIL!

ps. I know, I'm not holding it right. I was just to excited to let him go and look straight into their eyes..... (wild laugh) :D

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Great thanks for releasing it, however it will probaly be caught again & those people will take it home. (perfectly legal) I really like to see people into C&R. Great job.

3. Nice catch Leck, and thanks for the C&R. I would have loved to have been there to see the look on their faces when you put it back in the water. I would have loved to been there fishing and doing the same thing. Did anybody ask you to let them have your fish that you catch instead on releasing it? I had that happen once and almost got in a fight over it. I told the guy no I wouldn't let him have what I caught and that I WOULD be releasing every fish I catch and not into his bucket. Man was he mad, but who cares. Don't get me wrong, I aint against people that keep fish (I just wouldn't take them to any of my spots). I just hate the people that keep everything they catch like the 5" channels you are talking about.

4. GoneCatchin

GoneCatchin I hooked myself!

Nice job on the cat man! I actually fish there quite often...but above the spill way...around the zoo area, does anyone fish there, where there are usually a lot of sail boats? I've only once caught fish there! It was a small striper and the funny thing was that I caught in like 2 minutes and then didn't catch anything ever again...but any suggestions on the types of fish there and baits perhaps...tired of gettin skunked at O'shay by the zoo...

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Man that is great!!!!!

6. Banker

Banker Banned

more than likely that small striper was a white bass. don't believe stripers are in there. oshag below the dam has got to be the easiest place to get a snag in central ohio. i can't see how there are any fish in there seeing as how its barely a fishbowl and how much pressure (and non C&R) it gets. i do remember about 10 years ago catching some eyes from these holes in the concrete that had water in them (but the water level had since receded so they were essentially 4 ft diameter and maybe 6 or 7 feet deep "holes" with no source of water). I haven't been able to find them lately (I was out of ohio for 10 years). anyone know what I'm talking about. nice job Leckig! i was there saturday at 7 am and saw those you speak of.

7. My friend was asked to give them a fish once. He gave them nice a crappie but then he caught a really small one, like 3 inch and of course small muchacho came with his plastic bag to get it as well. At this point Tomasz said - never again and he keeps his word to it.

Nothing wrong with taking a fish or two, but decent size only, so it breeds already at least once!

btw - I send emails to 2 addresses to ODNR about this issue, damn no reply. Looks like they do not care too much about this. Why should I you may ask I'm not even sure how long I'm goingto stay in the USA.

btw2 - I need to change my nick. I put leckig (Grzegorz Lecki my real name) when I was registering to use this web. I never thought I would like it sooo much! Any ideas?

Greg