Oscoda Michigan

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by bigfish44, Jun 2, 2008.

1. I am going up to Oscoda Michigan and was wandering if anyone had any tips or info on fishing this area. I have been before and have had fun fishing for pike and bass in Foote Pond and trout and smallies in the Au Sable river. If anyone has been up there around the first week of June, I would appreciate any info.

Pat

2. I was born in Oscoda and have been up there many times since moving to Ohio. I have fished the mouth of the river a lot with just crawlers on the bottom and you can catch just about anything. You can get some walleye at night anytime of year and catch drum and carp all day long and even some smalles along the rocks and wall. Are you taking a boat, if so Van Eten lake is good for pike, smallies and eyes. If you are on the shore hit up the dams along the Au Sable, Foote, Cooke, Five Channels. I've caught smallies, walleye and trout below all of them. If you want to go to a nice lake and catch some trout there is a lake called Reid Lake that is about 30 miles or so NW of town. You have to hike about a mile back in and its a great little lake that is stocked with brown and rainbow trout.