close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Orvis clearwater midflex.

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Janus, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Just picked up an orvis clearwater 8'6" 5wt mid-flex from a small shop in West Virginia. If you are looking for a slower action rod like I was these cast really nice and accurate. Orvis is clearing them out to make new for the '08 model. $79...thanks to ledslinger for the suggestion....I have a st. croix premier that seems a bit too fast for my casting style...
    Janus

2. I gave an Orvis Clearwater 9' 8wt mid-flex to a friend as I prefer the fast action rods, but Eric LOVES that Clearwater & can cast it a darn bit better than I could. Folks, that's a great buy!
    Mike

3. Utard

Utard

$79.00!!!!!

Wow, I just looked at my Orvis catalog and the Clearwaters are listed from $149 (4wt) to $189 (8wt) and higher for the spey rods of course.
    Janus, do you know if they are $79.00 with all the dealers or just Orvis and the shop you got yours from. Anyone know about MRO? I've got a $50.00 gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket!

4. Utard here is the link:

http://www.anglersxstream.com/id7.html

call and ask for Dave..don't know if they are all honoring the sale. Orvis sold out quick some places are still charging non-sale prices but this place isn't and had a quite a few of them in various wts/sizes.
    Janus

5. Chagrin River Outfitters is selling their stuff at the sale prices. Give Dan a call at 440-247-7110 . He'll ship the stuff out, too, if I remember right.

I don't know what he has in right now...but I know he has the Mach's in, some waders, and a clearwater or two if they haven't sold.

-Jon

6. Utard

Utard

Great thanks! They even have the 3 wt! I want!! Time to scrap up a few bucks.

7. Jon,
    How's that shop doing? Being in Canton, I seldom get there, but they were very friendly & helpful anytime I have been there. I hope they do well.
    Mike

8. Sierra Trading closed out midflexes last winter all the way down to $29.00. They were out when I decided I would get one...don't know why I waited