Orvis clearwater midflex.

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Janus, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Just picked up an orvis clearwater 8'6" 5wt mid-flex from a small shop in West Virginia. If you are looking for a slower action rod like I was these cast really nice and accurate. Orvis is clearing them out to make new for the '08 model. $79...thanks to ledslinger for the suggestion....I have a st. croix premier that seems a bit too fast for my casting style...
    Janus

2. I gave an Orvis Clearwater 9' 8wt mid-flex to a friend as I prefer the fast action rods, but Eric LOVES that Clearwater & can cast it a darn bit better than I could. Folks, that's a great buy!
    Mike

3. Utard

Utard

$79.00!!!!!

Wow, I just looked at my Orvis catalog and the Clearwaters are listed from $149 (4wt) to $189 (8wt) and higher for the spey rods of course.
    Janus, do you know if they are $79.00 with all the dealers or just Orvis and the shop you got yours from. Anyone know about MRO? I've got a $50.00 gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket!

4. Utard here is the link:

http://www.anglersxstream.com/id7.html

call and ask for Dave..don't know if they are all honoring the sale. Orvis sold out quick some places are still charging non-sale prices but this place isn't and had a quite a few of them in various wts/sizes.
    Janus

5. Chagrin River Outfitters is selling their stuff at the sale prices. Give Dan a call at 440-247-7110 . He'll ship the stuff out, too, if I remember right.

I don't know what he has in right now...but I know he has the Mach's in, some waders, and a clearwater or two if they haven't sold.

-Jon

6. Utard

Utard

Great thanks! They even have the 3 wt! I want!! Time to scrap up a few bucks.

7. Jon,
    How's that shop doing? Being in Canton, I seldom get there, but they were very friendly & helpful anytime I have been there. I hope they do well.
    Mike

8. Sierra Trading closed out midflexes last winter all the way down to $29.00. They were out when I decided I would get one...don't know why I waited