Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored so I went alone,,, Paul was down gambling!
The last time down was high water,,, WE got skunked!
Yesterday, I stopped and bought 3 dozen fatheads,,, I started fishing around 4 & USED 'EM ALL up before dark.
The gar were a blast!
I had a hit with just about every cast. The gar & skipjacks were out on the edge of the fast water in the backwashes. All you needed was a Bobber, small split & fathead 24" down. I Landed 3 gar, lost at least a dozen!
My Bottom fishing yielded some whites, Drum, 3 or 4 smallies, a coupl'a small sauger and a baby eye.
The smallies were about 5' from shore, in the rocks.

There was a guy fishing up on the rocks on the other side. He paddled over in a rubber raft!
He caught whites one after another, and 2 HUGE STRIPERS that were around 6#-7#.
He was drifting large fatheads on the bottom,,, Just like steelheading the Erie creeks.

The fish & bait were hitting the surface everywhere. The osprey's were out, diving for dinner.
No sun, nice breeze, fish everywhere!
One nice place to play when Erie's too rough! :D

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Great job buddy, those birds are a blast , but you gotta watch out, they divert your attention!:D

·
HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins
4,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great job buddy, those birds are a blast , but you gotta watch out, they divert your attention!:D

lol,,, Ya ditto that. The guy next to me had his pole take off while we were BIRD watching!
Friend Paul & Rick went down yesterday eve and had the same fish storys.
They came home with 3 keeper sauger. They caught white bass (everybody there calls them STRIPERS!?) some skippies and 1 gar.
They had lots of gar hits,,, you know, where the line takes off up river like a bullet, you try to set the hook and NOTHING'S THERE????
Quite a few sauger and smallies are being caught by others, along shore in the backwashes. The whites & gar are working the edge of the fast water.
STILL, no big keepers for us???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts