Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the OR-18 snapper releases for my OR-12 boards. i'm a little confused as to where the washer goes. the washer came under the screw, but the directions show it in the back. does it go between the top of the bracket and the bottom of the release?? :( :(

Attachments

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,426 Posts
Just as your picture shows, it goes under the screw.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i appreciate the quick reply. i just got done puttin' new line on the reels, so all i need now is some WARM weather. thanks again.

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,426 Posts
You and I both. :D I just put the same ones on my boards. Lets just hope in two weeks we'll be warmer and having fun on Erie!!!:T

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
Why does nobody in Toledo have these in stock?? :(

·
multi species angler
4,365 Posts
I got a couple at Gander a few weeks ago. The one in Sheffield had several on the rack. They were $9.99 each.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
I got a couple at Gander a few weeks ago. The one in Sheffield had several on the rack. They were $9.99 each.
That is a great deal at $9.99 ! Best $ you will spend IMO if you run the offshore boards a lot. I also use the OR-16 for the back clip. With this set up the boards will never pop loose.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
The Canton Gander Mt has the Offshore boards for $20.99

The Twinsburg Gander Mt has the same boards for $24.99

Me and a buddy were at the Twinsburg store, and he asked them if they could give him the boards for the price that the Canton store sells them for, and the Twinsburg store said that they cannot match the price at the Canton store:confused: :confused:

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
I've never seen the OR-12 at Gander for less than $24.99.

·
multi species angler
4,365 Posts
Dicks had those boards for 24.99 for ever. As soon as I printed the coupons to go get a couple more, they raised there price to 27.99 each.:( I checked a few Dicks and they were all the same.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a great deal at $9.99 ! Best $ you will spend IMO if you run the offshore boards a lot. I also use the OR-16 for the back clip. With this set up the boards will never pop loose.
krusty, this year will be my first experience runnin' boards. from what i read, the OR-18 release was suppose to prevent losing your board. should i change the back clip also?? with all new equiptment(rods&reels,boards,dipsys,ect. ect. ect.) a few more bucks ain't gonna hurt.:D :D

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
krusty, this year will be my first experience runnin' boards. from what i read, the OR-18 release was suppose to prevent losing your board. should i change the back clip also?? with all new equiptment(rods&reels,boards,dipsys,ect. ect. ect.) a few more bucks ain't gonna hurt.:D :D
You read correctly concerning the OR-18. I think you may have taken my post the wrong way or I need to reword it. The OR-18 will definitely stop you from losing boards, I also replace the offshore supplied rear clip with the OR-16 clip to the back (more tension) for a little more assurance that the board will not pop loose. You can get a pair of OR-16 clips for approx. $8.99. Sorry for the confusion, hope this clears things up.

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
The Canton Store has had them for 420.99 for the last few months.
I Don't doubt your word... In Toledo they have never dropped below $24.99. I ran right over there when you posted that information some weeks ago and check everytime I'm in the neighborhood.

My hunch is Canton has them mis-priced. Take advantage while you can.

·
EYE GUY
461 Posts
I bought two in Canton about a month ago. I thought they were mispriced. I almost felt guilty....ALMOST

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Check eBay guys, I got a pair of offshore boards there last week for $30 and that included the shipping. They were minus the clips, but I replace those anyhow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts