Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12' aluminum flat bottom boat which I use for any body of water too small for my "regular" boat. Since the boat doesn't have a trailer, I transport the boat in the back of my pickup. And, because of the lack of trailer, I have to carry the boat from the truck to whatever body of water I'm fishing. What I'm getting at is with all this beating around on the boat, what are my options as far as installing a transducer? My problem is, if it's hanging off the bottom of the boat (like it should) it will break off in no time.

I have a transom mount trolling motor, what would happen if I mounted it on the botom of the motor? pros/cons?

Or, is there some way I can attach the transducer once I put the boat in the water?

·
Tom B.
3,888 Posts
I use my 12' jon in the exact manner you do. The transducer has been on there for 9 years without ever having a mishap. The fishfinder is an old hummingbird with the resolution of pac-man, but it gets the job done.

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Years ago I had a portable lowrance, the tranducer was mounted on a suction cup that went on the transom. Worked great for rented boats. You can still buy them, check with your fishfinder manufacturer.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Misfit: Wow...I can't tell you how many times I've thumbed through the cabellas catalog from front to cover and never noticed those brackets. And actually, in the beginning I thought I was going to have to drill a hole in the bench to install the bracket for the fish finder. Thanks to you, I'll be purchasing the brackets. Problem solved...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts