close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opinions on weeds in Portage???

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Gomez, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Gomez

Gomez Just Hangin' Around

Just wondering what everyone's take is on the lack of weeds this summer in Portage?
    We thought that they might have killed some of them but everyone on the banks we talked to said that they didn't. The only other thing we thought it could be was the brown algae bloom restricting the sunlight and the weeds just not growing....But they were there in the spring???

There are areas that I normally can't get near this time of year and there are virtually no weeds there at all right now......

Any thoughts???

G

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

they killed the weeds this year... both with the weed eaters and with weed killer/aquacide... thats why there is the algae bloom...

3. I've definately noticed a change in the weed density/growth and also a change in the water clarity(especially in East where it's usually a lot clearer). Places that I used to fish weedbeds and produced well have changed and the fish aren't stacking up in the areas as much. I kinda like the current water clarity/color of Portage but I haven't talked to the fish yet so I'm not sure what they think. :p