close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opening weekend Athens Ohio

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Lundy, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Super nice buck from Athens County.

Some of you might recognize the hunter

Attached Files:

2. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

CRAP! That looks like about a 25-26 inch spread to me. WOW!!

3. Wow what a bruiser!!:eek: Congrats to the lucky guy.

I have no idea who the guy is but I am listening.:D

4. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

This deer scored 229 5/8 green
    Typical main frame groos - 215 7/8
    net 203 7/8

The hunter is Mike Rex, I know that he is past and maybe stiil is the president of the Buckeye Big Buck Club.

He seems to take nice bucks with his bow every year.

5. That name sounds familiar to me. I would not have known the face though. He must be good at doing his homework. He had that boy figured out. He really set the bar high for everyone right off the bat.

6. peon

peon account delete

i'll tell ya what i seen two that size on my way to work in athens about 3 months ago !!!! that is a monster!!

7. I THINK I SAW THE SAME 1 IN SOMEBODYS BACK YARD..IT WAS FENCED IN AN GOT BIGGER EVERY YR..... :D :p :) .LOL......

8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Fishgeek

That is an awesome deer! Are you sure it isn't the new deer-elk hybrid? The rack is one of the nicest I've seen even in the magazines.

9. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

athens county does hold some really good bucks.back in the late 70's-early 80's i used to live on a farm south of athens(east of shade) and did alot of hunting on that farm.of course there was nothing like the one in the pic but it had it's fair share of good bucks plus ALOT of grouse.

10. I noticed that too.;) I thought wow he must have dropped him in a short distance to keep him in the food plot. I guess looking at that buck laying in that plot would make it tough to dispute that the plots work.

11. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

There's nothing wrong with a little marketing :D

It is a nice picture.

Did you notice the metal tag on the right antler?

12. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

How about this angle.

That is one sweet buck!

Attached Files:

13. bassman_sw

bassman_sw Always lookin for a bigun

Looks to me like a posed picture....looks like the deer already has the permanent metal tag on the right antler. Still though that is an unbelievable buck....wouldn't have much to look for the rest of your seasons in the woods with one like that.

14. bassman_sw

bassman_sw Always lookin for a bigun

Not trying to take anything away from this deer whatsoever, but I think he is decievingly thick. Those metal tags aren't that big, so to see it around the base of the antler like that, and it looks like it has some room to move, makes me think we are dealing with some small bases....it does however look like it gets bigger further out on the main beam. The spread is tremendous though.

15. I overlooked the tag until you mentioned it. I guess that does make one think that the picture was well planned.

I would not say that the bases are the thickest that I have seen in trophy bucks but his overall mass is truly impressive. It is definitely a great buck.

16. peon

peon account delete

that tag looks tight to me.. looks like some big bases to me.. just about as big around as its nose....

17. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

Most pictures are.

18. Pure river

Pure river Pro Scent pro staff

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bassman_sw
    Looks to me like a posed picture.....

Most pictures are.

If I shot a deer like that...which is a deer of a life time.. i would have the thing posed in every angle possible.. hell.. i would wear out the camera. I would much rather see a good quality posed picture than one with the tounge hanging out ... blood all over the place.... I think he did a great job. Always remember.. anyone can see this forum... better to do things tackfully and nice like this.. and not give the anti's any fuel for their fire.
    Great pictures!!!!!! congratulations!!! hopefully before the year is out.. i will "pose" for a few pictures of my own.

PR