close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opening Morning Harrison County Buck

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by martinconcrete, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Neighbors pushed this nice 9 pointer to me opening morning. Havent had any scoring done yet, any ideas?[​IMG]

2. Not real wide but great tine length and awesome mass! I would guess low 140s, not sure how bad the width will affect it. how wide was it? Great Deer, Good Job!

Scott

3. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Definetly at least mid 140's...maybe a little more...Congrats

4. I'm terrible with scoring racks, but that is one heck of a buck! Congrats!

5. BigSteve

BigSteve Member

What he lacks in width he makes up in brow tine length, awesome buck man.

6. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

GREAT deer! Love them neighbors... This from the "new" land? Ifso guess you got it figured out.:!

7. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I score it a 10 and I mean the picture. The two kids riding on the back is great.

VERY nice buck also!

Congrats

8. ...Carries a lot of mass...and good tine length...somewhere between 140 and 145...width can help ...Still a great deer Congrat's...C.L....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  9. fisherman33

fisherman33 KatfishKoch33

I would say mid 140's. I love the mass at the bases. Awesome buck.

10. Thanks for the replys, thats kind of what I had estimated, my father in law shot the 8 point also opening morning which was bumped from neighbors. My son was in camp and really got a kick of the 2 bucks. He got cold early and we took him in but he got to be with us on the retrievals. I think he is hooked. Here are a few more pics[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Oh by the way, the 8 point was froze solid and rode home on the trailer just like he looks in the picture, the looks were priceless, I had many people taking picures on there cell phones and then giving the thumbs up sign as they passed. My father in law is from Las Vegas and he hunts alot of mule deer out west. He has heard of the great Ohio whitetail hunting and it was nice to deliver for him. The biggest thing he could not believe was the amount of shots he heard opening morning, I think he will be back also. We ended up with 9 total ( the rest were does)

12. Oh by the way, the 8 point was froze solid and rode home on the trailer just like he looks in the picture, the looks were priceless, I had many people taking picures on there cell phones and then giving the thumbs up sign as they passed. My father in law is from Las Vegas and he hunts alot of mule deer out west. He has heard of the great Ohio whitetail hunting and it was nice to deliver for him. The biggest thing he could not believe was the amount of shots he heard opening morning, I think he will be back also. We ended up with 9 total ( the rest were does)

13. That is a great buck! I agree with the rest on the scoring estimates. It sounds like you guys had a great week of hunting. Your freezers should be full for a while.