Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Overrated since 80'
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had several pictures of does and even one very nice buck on my trailcams. Got up early and headed out. Sat in the tree for about 2 hours. Didn't see anything except 3 noisy red squirrels. How did everyone else do?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I had a doe and button buck come in around 9:30 other than that nothing

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had three does coming in. One of them must have seen me draw. They were 20 yards out, but no clear shot. I would rather wait for a better shot than take a bad one. Obviously lots of time left. This was the first hour of daylight. After they left I cleared a few branches out. One doe came downwind of me and was wheezing hard at me for 30 mins. It was fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
I hunted southern Clermont county. I saw 1 lone doe around 8:15. She was out about 80-100 yards and fed around for maybe 30 minutes then headed off. In this spot I will normally see deer moving off and on all day long if I stay put but I stayed in until about 11. It was a nice morning but it's got too hot.

·
Hookin aint EZ
1,018 Posts
Hunted Marion co. Had 3 does come in today. Wacked one with the new rage hypodermic broadheads and man that thing left a huge cutting path thru her. She died in the river, had to strip down and fish her out...water sure was cold!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Buddy in Findlay area got a nice fat doe this morning. He said he was on the stand only about half hour. After he shot her he had a button buck another doe and yearlings come by. I fished the crappie tournament so haven't been out yet.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Spooked one walking out hocking County. The neighbor was on an ATV most of the evening. I think he was dragging a deer out

Sent from my C6750 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Overrated since 80'
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats to the guys who connected! I just got back in. Sat in the stand from 630 to about 8. Saw the same red squirrel that taunted me this morning. I'm in Medina county. Back at it tomorrow night!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Seen three small bucks walk the edge of a corn field this morning. This evening didnt see crap for 3 hours. Might of been because the farm across the street sounded like they were fighting a war. After they got done unloading they hopped on the four wheelers untill they ran out of gas. Theyre not big hunters just pure hillbillys. Then it was finally quiet around 720 after 20 mins i said to myself just 5 more minutes. Then from what I could make out in low light, three donkeys (big fat does) walked past but couldnt see sh*t so didnt take a shot. I was in Portage Co.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I went perching today I been gone all day left house at 5 a.m. and got home 7 p.m. I brought home 60 nice perch got them all fillet and in the freezer. I got a phone call from my son and he told me his buddy a a nice doe and it was quarter up and in the fridge for me. St happy day fish and venison all in the same day. So Monday evening I will be butchering the doe for the freezer. Congratulation to all that got their deer today and good luck to all that is out tomorrow.

·
She says I'm on one
908 Posts
I saw lots of flowers from my girlfriends floral pillow case lol couldn't pry my head off of it long enough to get out of bed. Had a friend sit this morning and saw an elk, a stray dog, and a mountain goat but couldn't get a shot on any of them, he's hopeful he can get the stray tomorrow. He also sat this evening and gave a swamp donkey a free spinal tap with his thigh slapper that dropped it in it's tracks. It was his first deer so I'm sure he was nervous taking the shot. Hopefully getting out this morning but looking at the clock and that stack of papers my prof likes to call "research" sitting on my night stand its a 50/50 chance that the pillow case will win again.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Had a big bodied 4 pointer at 12 yards for 4 and a half minutes last night but I was too busy shooting him with my video camera to even pick up the bow.I have plenty of pics of him from my primos DPS camera but he surprised me he got there 20 minutes early.......lol. When he walked off my wife said are you crazy did you see how big his body was.....lol...great time though ain't anything like spending quality time with my best friend..........Mike

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Saturday afternoon I passed 7 does, 2 BB, and 3 bucks from 5 to 27 yards. Biggest deer was 125"-130" 9 point. I had 4 gobblers come by and a little later had 3 jakes walk by. Sunday morning was slow, 1 doe at 35 yards for about an hour.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Got skunked in Franklin County Saturday night and saw a 3 point this morning in Holmes County. Buddy of mine saw the same 3 point and another unidentified deer. The weekend was slow and warm. I won't be able to get back out until the morning of October 18th, so keep the stories coming. There all I have until then.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts