close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opening Day & No Baseball News?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 4, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

What?

The Reds win in exciting fashion in the bottom of the 9th on opening day & noone is talking about it?

Adam Dunn hits 2 HR's, what abotu former Red and Fan Favorite, Demetri Young, he had 3 HR's today for the Tigers.

2. catking

catking Banned

I just don't get excited like I used to about baseball. Hell , I didn't even have the chance to watch the opener and I'm from Cincinnati. I don't have Fox Ohio sports so it wasn't aired in Cincinnati on local stations. What a bunch of bull . I fel every city should at least show the home opener on local stations .........But you are right Mellon, GREAT GAME !!!! THE CATKING !!!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Way to go reds!!! I cant wait untill Griffey takes his season ending injury, and Willie Mo can play!....I still worry about the pitching staff.

4. Who cares about a bunch of over paid players who won't make a diff till baseball evens out the playing field and every team can compete... Baseball season is too long too...
    Too many BIG city teams buy their winning teams while others simply scratch out an existance...
    When I was young baseball was king and you knew every player on every team by heart now its too hard to keep up with the players on one team...
    Overall sports is a joke and I am glad we still have the outdoors for our kids...

5. YEAH!
    What Clyde said, right on!!!! Takes nine men to play the game, why should get more money? BS! That is what it is.

6. Yep what clyde said. They should just cancel baseball, heck cancel all professional sports.

7. Nobody gets excited because they will be 3-5 games out at the all-star break and lose 60 out of their next 80 and finish last in the division at 23 games out like they do every year. I really want to like the Reds, but they have inflicted a lot of hurt on me in recent years.

"Cancel all professional sports." Come on Twistytail, I like sports so much that I am even beginning to think Nascar is less stupid. But no sport can compare to college football. Except...maybe...curling. :mad:

8. Curling is pretty awsome, I hear that some of the better sweepers are getting their own trading cards, could be worth some money some day.
    College football is great but I think the purest football is played on Friday nights.

9. Yessir Twisty, High School football is pretty good too but where I live, the football team hasn't won a game in like 6 years. I sure hope they get better because I want to support them as I have a couple little fellers at home who will more than likely play there someday.

10. Hey things can turn around. When I was in school there were 2 teams in my county that would be 0-10 or 1-9, the only time one of them won a game was when they played each other. Since I have graduated, which was 10 years ago, both teams have gone to the play offs several times. Good luck to yer little fellers, they playing pee wee yet?