close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Open Tournaments?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Swick, May 26, 2007.

1. Swick

Swick Priority #1 Fishing

Are there any open tourneys in the columbus area, and are there any fisherman with an open seat in the boat to fish them. I love tournament fishing, but I have no way of doing it since I moved to columbus. Used to fish a bunch of opens with my soon to be brother in law, but there's no one here that I know with a boat. I just bought the truck to pull one, but can't afford to buy one for a while.

2. There are quite a few, I'd keep checking the tournament section of these forums. There is also a thread to post if you are looking to fish as a nonboater, in order to help you find a partner with a boat.

I am fishing one on O'shaugnessy in the morning, it is run by BAIT which hosts several more opens throughout the year.

www.baitinc.com

Im not sure if information on opens is on that site but you should check it out.

3. I used to be a member of the Columbus Bassmasters. They have many club tourneys and all the guys fish opens and other tourneys. It's a great way to hook up with other bassers that fish tourneys all the time. Last I heard they were taking on new non boaters because they had many more boaters than non. Great group of guys too. Send me a pm if your interested and I'll get you thier info!!

4. The American Bass Anglers Tournament Trail is for boaters and non-boaters.
    You enter as a boater or non-boater and your paired together by blind draw the morning of the tournament. Check out the web site: www.americanbassanglers.com for all the information.
    Six divisions in Ohio, one here in Central Ohio.
    Tournament on Griggs Reservoir, Saturday 6/2/07.