close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Open Season Coming!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by Big Daddy, Aug 17, 2005.

1. SEPTEMBER 1 MARKS OPENING DAY FOR OHIO’S HUNTERS

COLUMBUS, OH - Ohio hunters can take to the state’s fields and waters in pursuit of squirrel, mourning dove, and Canada geese on September 1, opening day of the fall hunting season, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.

“Many hunters look forward to opening day each year,” said Steven A. Gray, chief of the Division of Wildlife. “The early hunting seasons are a great time for friends and families to kick off the much-anticipated hunting seasons that continue through fall and winter.”

The Division of Wildlife predicts hunting for doves and Canada geese will be excellent this year. Squirrel hunting should be very good - especially in eastern and southern Ohio.

According to the Division of Wildlife, hunting is one of the state’s best recreational bargains, with a one-year license for Ohio residents costing just $19. Those hunting waterfowl must also purchase a federal Duck Stamp, along with an Ohio Wetlands Habitat Stamp, at a cost of $15 each. These licenses and permits can be purchased at any of more than 1,200 license vendors in the state, or online at ohiodnr.com .

Detailed information on these and other upcoming hunting seasons can be found in the 2005-06 Ohio Hunting Regulations, available where hunting licenses are sold, online at ohiodnr.com or by calling 1-800-WILDLIFE.

2. I will be on the family farm at 6 a.m. for our small dove hunt on the first. I would love to take up waterfowling but even though I own a boat the costs of jumping into it are just to high this year. my next big opener will hopefully be my first fall Turkey hunt followed by deer gun season. Time in the field with family and friends are some of the best times in my book. at the moment I am the only dove and Turkey hunter in the family, My Brother and Brother in law will be dove hunting with me this year and my brother shows an awfull lot of interest in Turkey hunting. I know if he go's he will become just as adicted as I am now :D