Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd throw this out there, since we've all spoken about it.

I'm thinking of organizing a float, probably an overnighter, on Saturday, July 30th and Sunday, July 31st.
If the water cooperates, I have a flow in mind, about an hour north of Columbus, that would be perfect.
The first day float would end at an island for camping. But the island is close enough to a bridge that if someone only wanted to float Saturday, or just Sunday, we could make arrangments to accomodate that.

Anyone have any interest?

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
I might be, should be back from st. George island in florida by then, bringing the coosa with me, maybe the motorcycle. Is it the one that dagger hates, lol.

Droid

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Affirmative.
I have no idea why he hates it, other than he gets his butt kicked when he fishes there.
But that flow is fishing as well as anything in the state, it's gorgeous, has tons of interesting features, and you see bald eagles almost every time.
What's not to like?

·
Multi Species Angler
6,215 Posts
Affirmative.
I have no idea why he hates it, other than he gets his butt kicked when he fishes there.
But that flow is fishing as well as anything in the state, it's gorgeous, has tons of interesting features, and you see bald eagles almost every time.
What's not to like?
You know I love that flow. I will start working on the boss now. ;)

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
Wimp, lol.

I did an overnight trip there last summer, we had hard time finding suitable spot due to lack of firewood and too close to people, houses ect., but if you know a spot I'm in.

Droid

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jennings, anyone that wants in is in. Just bring something floaty and a good attitude.:D

Stucky, I talked with Daddy Dave about the camping. He says he has a spot that would fit the bill.
How friggin hard can it be to find firewood? I'll torch up that Coosa in a pinch...

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
Daddy was with us last time, he didn't like our spot. Sure he has several gps bookmarked sites, he's like that, lol

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Yak Addict!
104 Posts
Sounds like a good time to me, if I am in town I want to go.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just got approval from the little lady today, only now this coming weekend is "date night " weekend .. Oh well it should be worth it . So add me to the count.

Also I have an extra yak if anyone needs a boat. Its very very basic "Potomac 100" but it does float which I think is a very important feature of a boat.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well maybe Critter or Stucky or someone can pick up this ball.
I just committed to going out of town that weekend for something I gotta do. So no floaty for me that weekend.

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys should keep it rolling.
I just have one of those lives where shat happens pretty quickly, and it turns out I do indeed need to be somewhere else that weekend.
But a gathering does need to happen.

·
Yak Addict!
104 Posts
I'm still game

·
Multi Species Angler
6,215 Posts
Me to, but unsure about doing an overnighter. We'll see if Stuckathome is still game to see if that can be managed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts