close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Online Speed Test for your internet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zfish, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Okay guys I figured I'd pass along some knowlege from work to you guys the consumer. Well most of the internet companies state that your downloads should be from 2 to 6mb down per second here is a site to see if you are truly getting what you're paying for.

One of them is for road runner standard service in this area. We standardly say that we are max speed at 3mb down per second. I adverage between 2.8 and 2.9 so I cant complain buy maybe this will help a few of you out. Enjoy!

Here are some speedtests to try: This is based on 3mb down per second. Keep in mind most DSL companies will be about 2mb :) So the 2nd test may be a better fit for most people.

http://www.roadrunnerohio.com/speedtest : Good transfer rates are 250KBps to 300KBps, 200 to 249 ok, 150-199 sub par, lower than 150….:(

This is the best one below. This will give you a better read out for the normal consumer. Do the broadband test

http://www.aroundcinci.com/speedtest

2. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i did the first one and heres what i got. 276KB/sec iam on roadrunner seems slow to me but iam one of those guys who clicks down load and wants it to be done a 1/2 second later.

4. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

HERE is a link to quite a few speed test sites..Enjoy.

5. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

here's more from all over the world:

http://www.dslreports.com/stest?more=1

i too am on RR and would just like to say, if your cable modem is plugged into your pc by USB1 (i dont know about USB2) you probably wont see full speeds until you switch it to network card... at least in my case it was. When on USB my pc seemed sluggish in everything it did... popped in a network card and whammo full d/l and u/l speeds. I just wish they would open up some more upload capacity.... good for online gaming.

6. Zfish

Liquid.. Great point I forgot to mention about the USB... Thats very correct.. :)

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

So...what's this mean ? I didn't really see anything to gauge it by ?
    2004-09-22 04:32:54 EST: 2351 / 694
    Your download speed : 2407641 bps, or 2351 kbps.
    A 293.9 KB/sec transfer rate.
    Your upload speed : 710879 bps, or 694 kbps.

8. Zfish

Mr Fish this is from my 1st post.. That 1st test isnt always the best one to use try the 2nd one its a little more user friendly and gives most people the # they want.

Good transfer rates are 250KBps to 300KBps, 200 to 249 ok, 150-199 sub par, lower than 150…. That was from my 1st post ... Those are downloads... Doesnt tell me what the uploads should be :)

9. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Okay, I tested off the one Liquid Tension posted. I didn't want to download those other programs.

10. Zfish