close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Oneida Ny

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by dannoll, Nov 7, 2004.

1. i JUST MOVED UP HERE FROM OHIO AND SEE THAT ITS A PRETTY BIG LAKE i WAS WONDERING WHAT I WOULD BE FISHING FOR I hope thers some walleye

2. I fished that lake a couple of times when I lived in N.J. They have a bunch of reefs in east part of the lake. Just get a lake map and they are all marked on there . I think they used to call the spots the pancakes. There is a good walleye population in there when I used to fish it years ago. They also have a good smallmouth bass population . If you travel about another hour and a half north on rt 81 you can fish the 1000 islands . There is also a lot of steelhead , brown trout and salmon fishing a short distance from there. You can also fish black Lake which is north . It is rated one of the best lakes in the US. It has muskie, pike ,walleye, perch and all kinds of panfish. You wont be able to fish that area in a life time, but you can sure try :D :D ...JIM

3. Great Hearing That..call Me Dan When You Find It...

4. thanks for information but i am stucf pier fishing did not bring boat

5. I Got The Boat When U Find The Fish I Will Come Up. :)

6. It Got Down To 13 Degrees Last Night, And A High Of 28,it Will Be In The Twentys All Week We Might Have To Put Runners On That Boat Tue Night It Will Get Down To 18 Same For Wed But Whater Temps In 50s So Water Is Not Icedout Might Try It Out This Weekend Dannoll

7. Wait and see the amount of snow that you get there . That area usually gets the blunt of the Lake Ontario lake effect when the wind is right. With the right conditions and wind direction it can snow for days at a time. If you look at how all the trees are bent in the same direction you can see how much wind they get up there and what direction it mostly comes from. ....JIM

8. yes i know we got four inches tue with the wind coming from the nw it cleared up wed and will be near 50 thur might go up and try some docks or piers or shore and see what happens OHIO DAN