Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been one year since I smoked my last cigarette after 39 years of 1 1/2 packs a day habit. I don't miss the ashes all over the car and boat, or the occasional burn in something, but I would sale the wife and give away the dog for a good cuban cigar and a bud light.

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
good going toad!i quit a few years back and feel alot better for it.although i wish i could shed the extra weight i put on!
the money saved is a real bonus too.
btw,i just went back through the threads and looked it up,i quit on sept 16 of '05

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,428 Posts
Way to go Toad.
In May I had 6 years since I stopped. Don't miss them at all.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congrat's Toad ! ! ! ! Keep going ! ! ! !

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
toad,
that is awesome!!! wish i could kick the habit. Did you use anything to help you?

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Great job Toad! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I recommend the patch. Ive tried pills from the doc and all kinds of other crap that didn't work. The patch really worked well for me. I do believe that you truly have to want to quit or you will find any little reason to pick back up again. I tried 5 times before I really did it. Good luck to those who decide to quit. It is not easy, but the patch helped me a lot.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,614 Posts
Nice job Toad!!! My best friend quit smoking a couple months ago, and I don't think he will ever go back. He said he can taste things again, and he can actually breathe again. We used to play basketball and I thought he was going to die trying to breathe. He started smoking at 18 and now at 22 has stopped and he said it was the best choice he ever made. I can only imagine how hard it was for you smoking for 39 years to quite. Great job man.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
a little over four months for me. was hard at first but i am glad i did it feel better now.

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have tried many time to quit but this time I used Chantix and it was the key. I did lose a tooth that broke from chewing on wintergreen lifesavers which I bought by the 3 pound bag.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats toad, I quit 6 yrs. ago cold turkey after 15 yrs. of smoking. My secret is I got bronchitis and couldn't smoke for a week, so after that I took it one day at a time, man it was tough but I new I was cured about a month later when I ventured into a bar and had a few beers I wanted a cig so bad I was sweating but I didn't smoke. Ever since that day I considered myself a non smoker. Thing is after 6 yrs. I still get a craving now and then but not bad enough to smoke again.:)

·
captainhook
1,038 Posts
Good job on quitting the cancer sticks. It will be two years for me in September. Man, I don't miss them at all. Keep it up....you won't be sorry.

·
meat dragger
501 Posts
hell yea congrats!!!!!!!!!! me and the wife are going on 3 months. and i dont miss em either quitting was the hardest thing ive ever done. but im all ready feeling better! again WAY TO GO CONGRATS:D

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I have tried many time to quit but this time I used Chantix and it was the key. I did lose a tooth that broke from chewing on wintergreen lifesavers which I bought by the 3 pound bag.
Congrats on quiting. In order to quit you have to really want to quit. It's been over 16 years for me. Losing the 2-3 pack a day habit of 25 years was hard. I went cold turkey but I attributed my success to Starbrite peppermint candy. I bet I ate 100# of those things.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
congrats to you most definately. i have not had a cigarette since april 7th of this year, ended up going into er on april 9th and waking up on april 19th after being in a coma and on life support due to a massive attack of double pneumonia. odd how something like that changes your outlook.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts