Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just joined. :)

I had me an old 1957 Feathercraft boat I just gave to the neighbor.
I just upgraded to a new 2014 Fury tiller with EFI 40 Mercury.

I have only had it about 2 weeks now. It just made it in time for a fishing week vacation in Michigan. It worked well for me.

Now back home and expect to be fishing Alum the most...

Took my wife out once already, we put in at the no-wake area, and drove out under the bridge where I could let er run a bit. :D

We did fish for a few minutes, but this was mostly a chance for her to take a ride in the boat. My vacation was just me and a buddy fishing.

Anyway, just learning about Alum. I was a Hoover guy with my 9.9 on my last boat. I now have sold that engine. With my 40 tiller, I want to fish Alum now. :B

Hope to see you on the water!! :G

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Welcome to OGF Talonman... Lots of posts on here about Alum. Take notes. One good thing about being in Sunbury is we have Hoover and Alum dang near in our back yards:D.

·
Just practicing my cast
4,728 Posts
Welcome to ogf and like most of us on hear. AND MOST LIKELY YOUR NEW HOME :D:D:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
welcome. I too am a newer member and trying to learn alum as well. Its big, tons of pleasure boaters ( so far ) and a beautiful lake. I just wish she would treat me better so I'm spending a lot of hours on it and I have found a couple spots that I can usually catch a few. Good luck, hope to see you out there. Oh yea, when its dusk slow it down to no plane. ODW lady pulled me over for it. First time I have gotten pulled over on the water ! Land, not so much.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a soft spot for the classics.....Got Pics of your new boat?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Word of advice, no wake literally means no wake at Alum. I too was pulled over last weekend by an Army Corp. lady. She was very nice, but said I was too fast becuase she could see a wake (even though I was going really slow). I beleive they are enforcing this because there are more and more (many) kayak'ers and SUP'ers.

Also, you will mark a lot of fish but it can still be tough sometimes (most of the time actually). Good luck.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wow!!

Thanks for the welcome all. :)

I will search for Alum tips, and thanks for the wake warning.

I do have some pictures of my boat in an album I uploaded.
I just love the thing.

It has a Hummingbird 798 SI unit.
Horn, and fire extinguisher,
Builge pump, Electric trim,

Under floor live-well,
(2) 7 and 1/2 fool rod lockers that hold 6 rods each.
(Rare features in a 16' 2" boat...)

55 lbs minkota.

Got the new 2014 Lund seats, and the new 2014 standard Mercury 4 blade prop too.

Getting the itch to be back on Alum soon. Sun, Mon or Tues for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts