Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

November 1st. I picked up my grandson at 12 noon, headed for the ramp. I netted 3 Gizzard Shad before we got the boat in the river. There was some up river wind but had some current this time. I took the boat to our first spot, 4 rods in the water at 12:15. The current helped hold the boat against the wind, I used both anchors as well. An hour went by as we were getting taps on chicken breast, but not a hit on the shad. So we moved up and across the river to the Ohio side.

The wind was really starting to form white caps, so the boat was rocking a good deal. The chicken liver rod was hit hard, and the fish was hooked! My grandson then fought the fish as I handle the dip net. It was a nice channel cat, 25 inches, 8 ¾ pounds. That is my grandson personal best so far! Hope he can top that on our future trips. We stay a while longer then headed back to the first spot to get out of the wind.

Had more taps there again but no good bites. All the taps were on chicken liver or seasoned chicken breast. We called it a day at 16:00, headed to the ramp and home. It was good to spend time together and finally get a fish in the boat. We are planning to get out again this Saturday morning and try down river if the winds are not too strong.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Happy to hear that your grandson got into a nice fish, and an 8 pounder at that!!!

The fact that he keeps coming back says that he enjoys the sport.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts