close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One for you old timer, Like me!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DaleM, Nov 19, 2004.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Man,I must be an old timer like you Dale. :D
    I remember every one of them!
    Thanks!

3. I don't remember any of that. Does that mean I'm really young?

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I see your birthday is 1982 so you most likely don't remember those. Sine I'm "A few years older" I remember them all and did all of them! The newest one on that list is most likely 30 years old.

5. 122 years old........I'd be lucky to remember to breath. :D

6. And he is older than me so WOW how old is he? :eek: ;) Just messing with you Dale I know you meant 1982.

7. catking

catking Banned

I remember almost all of them also :eek: We had a milk man , in fact have a metal milk carton now on the front step for decoration. Some of that really brought back the good memories. I wonder how many Mickey Mantel , Willy Mays or Pete Rose BB cards I destroyed with bike spokes :eek: .... Cooties from the girls........ :D .Yep !!! Waxed bottles of syrup........ Simpler times indeed.... No worrys......... CATKING :)

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Don't forget lead paint & lead toothpaste tubes !!
    Most of them I knew, I definitely knew about the ones I didn't experiance. That '57 Chevy is a '56 or '55 in the gif..........
    A quarter wasn't much of an allowance, I think I got more, but maybe 35 cents or 75 cents. I know I delivered a 52 paper paper route in 2 runs in 1964-1966 for about $10 wk...... :eek:

9. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Not only do I remember Milkmen, I was was one for 14 long months.

Kim

10. I remember them all. My dad was a milkman that delivered door to door. My first bike was a Western Flyer. Pepsi Cola was a nickel a bottle. There were mom and pop grocery stores all over North Hill. Easy times they were. Wow, I didn't realize how old I am. Time has been good to me. I still fish and hunt and try to think that I will still like wimmen when I am 80.

11. I don't remember none of them but,.....then again I don't remember too much anymore. :p By the way ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :confused: heck, I forgot what I was going to ask. :eek: :D

12. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Man am I getting old I remember them all Plus gas was only .28 cents a gallon when I started driving.

13. What happened? It almost depresses me to read it and remember how it use to be. Oh well... I guess it is the price of progress ( & greed).

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I remeber some of those but not all, but iam not as old as dirt yet. good link dale.

15. Don't worry. You will get there without even trying. :p ;) :D

16. The Things I Got To Look Foward Too! :d

17. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Some day the kids on this board will be saying. I remember when there was gasoline and it was only $2.00 a gallon. :rolleyes:

18. While I was growing up my parents would always say " I remember when all this was cornfield." Well I'm only 22 and I can say that about so much of the area around me. It's sad that we have to take down all these trees, and corn fields. I guess it's just a sign of getting older.

19. JBJ

JBJ

Life is a blur so things like this force us to remember the good times. I can remember many of those things but then, I the 70s are kind of fuzzy.