Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year and a half of owning this boat and not feeling like fishing I am finally set up and have the boat docked and quarters at McGee. Having only very limited experience on Erie and virtually no experience with trolling equipment we are having fun, but it is a 3 ring circus. Like trying to use a Terova for the first time and going in circles,, , . First time out Monday evening got caught in a real Gully Washer and didn't catch anything. Tuesday was a little better 2 Walleye (1 keeper) and 3 junk fish. I think things will soon fall into place and we will be as comfortable trolling Erie as we are fishing the Ohio River for Shovelheads. Just have to learn to use the equipment. A lot of the fishermen at the campgrounds have really went the extra mile to help and offer tips and I am grateful..

·
Registered
598 Posts
Read these post on here and put them into play and you will start to get it down. Also go out with a charter and have him show you how its done. It is well worth the money. I know some charters out of Lorain have walk on charters on Wed, or they use to.
Good luck and ask questions, there is a lot to learn.

Moke

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moke, I have been thinking of doing that. I am going back up there this evening and will talk to some of the Capt's there at the docks and at wild Wings and see if I can't get a seat.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I agree with Moke, also take people up on the open seats they post on here. Going out with others and learning new things is always great help.

It took me about 2 full seasons to learn utilize my trolling equipment the right way but its finally getting to the point where i catch fish regularly, and dont have too many complete screw ups.

still there are days where i get skunked (like this morning) but ill blame that on the chocolate milk looking water ...

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Nobody knows that area better than Eric...the guy that runs Magee East. Remember with trolling, you have to walk before you can run. Baby steps...learn to run a few rods efficiently first...then expand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts