Ohio Game Fishing banner

741 - 760 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
6,060 Posts
Coming to my last day of quarantine Monday. Have not been able to smell or taste for the past week. No appetite so all those meats really making me want real food again. Life, Raisin Bran, Mini Wheats and toast have been about all I could muster. Wife cooked bacon once. I didn't even know it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Coming to my last day of quarantine Monday. Have not been able to smell or taste for the past week. No appetite so all those meats really making me want real food again. Life, Raisin Bran, Mini Wheats and toast have been about all I could muster. Wife cooked bacon once. I didn't even know it.
Crazy how much it actually takes those senses away isn't it?
I have had it as well and was amazed I couldn't smell a skillet full of butter and garlic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Been awhile since we've had cornish game hens but they are definitely delicious, served with homemade coleslaw and tater wedges.
Wife picked up 6 hens and I'm thinking about smoking a pair.
Anyone ever smoke cornish hens or a tame duckling ? ?
Good luck and good dining

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I have smoked them before, they tasted great!
Thanks. I'm leaning towards a overnight brine for the hens.
I've smoked lotsa wild duck and really enjoy them but never put a tame one in the smoker. The tame ducks are a little expensive but if I can catch one on sale I'll give it a try.
Good luck and good eats !

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
They should have been marked down being that close to expiry date.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Ya I only buy them when there marked way down. But that's how I buy most of my more expensive cuts of meat.
I usually purchase a couple after memorial day or 4th of July sales when they put the managers tag on them.
I bought two bone in rib roast over Xmas at meijer for 6.99/lb an cut them down myself. Got two racks of ribs,and numerous steaks. Out of it for a good price. Just freeze them individually an there good to go.
Lol the big tomahawk steaks are a pain to freeze/store.

741 - 760 of 773 Posts