Ohio Game Fishing banner

721 - 740 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I too love okra, but rarely get to have it battered and fried. For some reason, whenever it makes it into the house, I end up using it it gumbo. Like I did this evening.

I call this my loaded gumbo. I make 6 quarts with 2 lb shrimp, 1 lb andouille , 1 lb chicken breast, and 1 lb whatever white fleshed fish I have on hand. DW and I will have it for 2 nights, then portion and freeze the rest for quick meals when I don't have time or feel like spending time fixing dinner. Hard to find time to cook when you're retired 😉

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
I too love okra, but rarely get to have it battered and fried. For some reason, whenever it makes it into the house, I end up using it it gumbo. Like I did this evening.

View attachment 460376

I call this my loaded gumbo. I make 6 quarts with 2 lb shrimp, 1 lb andouille , 1 lb chicken breast, and 1 lb whatever white fleshed fish I have on hand. DW and I will have it for 2 nights, then portion and freeze the rest for quick meals when I don't have time or feel like spending time fixing dinner. Hard to find time to cook when you're retired 😉
Gosh dang that looks good!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
At my local Costco.

My pockets aren't nearly deep enough..... has anyone else tasted this grade of beef to say if the price is justified?

I have been to a few fancy steak houses and while always tasty I still leave thinking did it really taste that much better than ones I cook.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
My pockets are very deep, but relatively empty 😀 For any kind of beef to be worth $100/lb it would have to do a lot more for me (to me) than excite my taste buds. I've had a Costco card for a few years now and buy dog food, glucosamine tablets, dog food there. I haven't really found any other good deals there for the things I normally buy.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought it was insane.

I also get my dog food from Costco. Don't have a ton of regulars that I get from their but shop it enough that I justify the card.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,308 Posts
Don't know where you live ress, but there's an Oriental carry out near me called Hunan Express. I especially like their shrimp with lobster sauce! Love Chinese food!

Love me some Okra! Grew it in my garden a few years ago and it was delicious raw! Inspired me to beer batter some crappie!!

View attachment 460323
Where's the okra in that pic? I see beer battered crappie and French fries!

Reactions: Hatchetman and ress

·
Registered
415 Posts
I made some homemade hamburger helper mac & cheese edition last night. I wasn't in the mood to spent a bunch of time in the kitchen and I had a pound of ground beef to use. It was surprisingly good, and easy. Just some beef, seasonings, water, beef base, cheese and mac. Tasted much better than the boxed kind (which I haven't had for over 30 years), and it was much less sodium.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Not dinner but lunch , a treat for us .....walleye from a member here, we have plenty of Spanish mackerel and a few pompano left from my pier trip ,even broke out the good dinner ware paper plates
I do get spoiled with salt water fishing , but will need to get the boat out and get some fresh water fish this coming year (crappie& saugeye)
20201224_122430.jpg

20201224_133654.jpg

721 - 740 of 773 Posts