601 - 620 of 644 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Way to go, DL!
I haven't been out yet. Did you get a good one, my friend?
I think a pic or two is in order.........lol:)
Ha. Just depends, if you have a wall full of booners....... then no. but I was more that happy with it.
Full report over in the 2020 deer season thread but here is a preview for ya.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Dovans: you dont have to eat it alone either.... when will it be ready? :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
Recipe please?

Pretty simple for a first attempt. Canned salmon, couple eggs, plain bread crumbs, seasoning of choice. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Patty out into desired size. Heat oil in skillet and brown on both sides.

This was th first time I tried these since I was a kid and my uncle made them. I was probably about 5 then and I'm 45 now.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Spent yesterday washing, bagging 60 dozen clams for today.
On the menu half chickens, strip steaks, crab legs, sweet potatoes, clam chowder, corn on the cobb.
Desert will be different homemade pies and brownies, the kids will be making smores too.

Coolers are stocked with more bottled beer varieties you can imagine and the bar is well stocked with all the favorites including things to make hot cider.

Now just waiting to fire everything up and wait for family and friends, going to be a long busy day.
I do this annually,as when hunting season starts it seems i don't see many until the holidays

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pretty simple for a first attempt. Canned salmon, couple eggs, plain bread crumbs, seasoning of choice. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Patty out into desired size. Heat oil in skillet and brown on both sides.

This was th first time I tried these since I was a kid and my uncle made them. I was probably about 5 then and I'm 45 now.
Thank you sir. I actually hate them,but my wife grew up eating them and she mentions that she would like to have some quite often so I guess I will give it a go

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Spent yesterday washing, bagging 60 dozen clams for today.
On the menu half chickens, strip steaks, crab legs, sweet potatoes, clam chowder, corn on the cobb.
Desert will be different homemade pies and brownies, the kids will be making smores too.

Coolers are stocked with more bottled beer varieties you can imagine and the bar is well stocked with all the favorites including things to make hot cider.

Now just waiting to fire everything up and wait for family and friends, going to be a long busy day.
I do this annually,as when hunting season starts it seems i don't see many until the holidays
Wow, hope you all had good stories and full bellies.

601 - 620 of 644 Posts