On Long Lake 3/22/08

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Robert Woodson, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Robert Woodson

Robert Woodson Woody in Akron

Hey All...
    Got the old fiberglass Bass Boat "Bobby's Toybox" onto Long Lake today...Ramp parking lot was empty...moved a half submerged log from the ramp to clear it...one of those iffy shakedowns (maybe a good thing that Bobby wasn't with me today)...the big motor warmed up a bit, but decidied not to run, and after a cruise of the lake and a short side trip up the Tusc. I really kinda felt like felt like I had done something getting back to the ramp on that battery against a real tough head-wind and current coming down that River/ramp channel and across the main part of the lake there. Brought back a giant beach ball...no fish, spent way more time on equipment than I'd of liked too, but sure felt good to be out on the water.
    Saw a red V-bottom on north reservoir and passed Big daddy and company fishing the peninsula at District Three...talked later with a couple fella's who had a boat on Nimisilla for the last two days.
    Good fishing,
    Woody in Akron
    Portage Lakes/Coventry
    (While I'm waiting to get the bugs out or see Kenny with that motor, guess maybe I'll pull the old Basstracker out of the lot next and try it out at Nimi...it's easier on batteries!... (LOL))