Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Vib-E, I happen to have a customer boat equipped Cobra drive at the shop now. I'll take a look at his drive tomorrow to see if I can be of any help. Seems to me last time I had to address this issue that OMC didn't show any available components for that piece of hardware on their parts breakdown. It's been a while though....not sure yet. Mike

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mike.i looked all over the internet for that part...let me know what u come up with...if nothing else can i have the one at ur shop.lol:D seriously though.i searched every where...i called a cpl local marine repair shop they acted like it doesnt exist........

·
Registered
49 Posts
The nut for the bolt is probably in the upper housing now, you have to take the outdrive off to get it out. It's in the cavity on the inside of the upper gear housing. Try parma marine for the parts, thats where I found them for mine.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The nut for the bolt is probably in the upper housing now, you have to take the outdrive off to get it out. It's in the cavity on the inside of the upper gear housing. Try parma marine for the parts, thats where I found them for mine.
Oh no i dont have to take the outdrive off..i took silicone held the flat nut to the inside lined up with bolt.made it snug...worked good.just need the oring and the plastic insert.cause oring was dry and the plastic was cracked....thanks ill check them out

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$40 though...i mean come on.lol.thats a maybe.i mean maybe $15 part.lol.i seen the schematic in the outdrive...ur right mike..it didnt show those parts...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The cost of replacement parts these days is astounding sometimes. I was trying to find a starter mounted solenoid for a customer's 90 HP Honda outboard this morning. MSRP was a whopping $ 188.00. It's available through online vendors for just a little bit less. Prices like that make it very hard for a dealer to justify the investment in their inventory to service a customer's needs right away. Mike

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well got those parts in the mail...for $40 ud think the bolt would thread into the back plate...good thing i still have my old back plate and bolt....and i wont need the track and holders..got what i needed.buddy had extra he gave to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey Vibe. I took my outdrive off and found the back plate to mine. I couldn’t believe it was sitting right there by the port hole. I got it back on and will never take that out again. Have to have some cables replaced or adjusted. My boat won’t slip into reverse. I know for a fact it’s the cables. So I m gonna get that fixed and should be ready for the water. You have yours out. Anxious to hear how your boat does.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Vibe. I took my outdrive off and found the back plate to mine. I couldn’t believe it was sitting right there by the port hole. I got it back on and will never take that out again. Have to have some cables replaced or adjusted. My boat won’t slip into reverse. I know for a fact it’s the cables. So I m gonna get that fixed and should be ready for the water. You have yours out. Anxious to hear how your boat does.
I got mine in without taking outdrive off..getting that backplate in place was a !!###;#!$$. Never again.lol.im putting mine in tomarrow at copper kettle.doubt ill go out though.suppose to rain and be crappie.but itll be there.ill let u know...i may take it for a test run.who knows...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts