olentangy, Best day of the year!!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by striperfreak, Aug 28, 2008.

1. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

Fished in the rain last night, between 5-8, water was slightly up, slightly stained. Started throwing a popper to no avail, switched to a chartreuse crankbait and the fish festival was on! Fish were everywhere, slack pools, under rapids, in rapids. I was worried about this stretch because of all the pressure it has got this year but thankfully most are catching and releasing. I caught a total of 30 fish (yes, i count) mostly smallmouth, a few rockbass.4 or 5 were between 12-15 inches, largest and 30th fish was a fat 18 incher(caught on buzzbait)most average around 10-11 inches. The bite was on, interestingly most fish have scars to show they have been caught before, to tell you if others were keeping these bass a day like today wouldnt be possible.

2. Welsh Dragon

Welsh Dragon Old School Member

30! Nice, sounds like a great time. Wish I were there.

3. Wow 30? in 3 hours that's awesome I guess they kept you busy nice job. I went diving in there today, caught some anchors for the "WATER FIRE" display...lol

4. striperfreak

Fished just south of where we were welsh.

5. Catman63

Catman63 Flathead Fanatic

Congrats. Sounds like a blast!

6. awesome day, the rain really turned the fish on, i wish i couldve floated a stretch of the tangy that i like well!

7. striperfreak

i guess im going to have to work a bit on these pics, sorry

8. use the img link , i think its the bottom or fourth choice on photobucket. then it will directly post the pic in the reply

9. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Freakin nice sir! Love those days! Could the fall bite be on?

10. striperfreak

Water was cooler, higher than its been in a month, they probably put the feedbag on when water rises. Going out tomorrow, will post. September, october has always been the best bite for me for smallies, thats also when i get an occasional saugeye........