Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any motor collectors? This classic motor runs (not very much power) and looks great. Have no idea if it is worth anything to a collector

·
Captain of the Ship
709 Posts
Just my opinion:

Don't get your hopes up. Unless your motor is in like new condition, it is not really a collectable motor......yet. There are literally thousands of those motors out there....lots of them still running and being used.

·
1950's Outboards Rule
1,067 Posts
what is the model no. ? what make evinrude or johnson ? mercury ? all depends on maker and model !

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I still use a 5.5hp 58 Evinrude on my boat. Depending on make, model, and year it could be rare but if it isn't it is worth maybe $200-300.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked up the motor tn 28......It says it is a 52-53. It is an old one. have no clue what a good value would be though.

·
1950's Outboards Rule
1,067 Posts
there are thousands of tn 28's around and the td model also. the tn has a nuetral lever is what the difference is from a td. i bought a very nice looking and running tn 28 for $50.00. they are good running motors. they are not rare that is for sure.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am thinking about fixing it. It runs but it really has no power. If I thought I could get a couple of hundred bucks for it I would sell it and get another motor. A guy I know gave it to me for my 14ft aluminum but my 55# thrust minnkota pushes it just as well and I don't have to mess with it to get it started.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anyone know of someone that would work on a motor this old to get it running well? I have no clue about where to start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts