Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've driven over this creek on Rt. 2 numerous times, and it looks really fishy. I was wondering if there is someplace where I can put a 14 ft. jon boat in, and is it worth fishing? I heard rumors that you could catch bass and pike in there?????

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
#

No hunting and fishing on nature preserve and natural areas permitted (Fishing permitted on scenic river lands)
you would have o check their set of rules. i used to duck hunt that place back in the 70's and have seen steelhead in there too.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I used to duck hunt that place back in the 70's and have seen steelhead in there too.
I fished there as a kid with my dad. Probably before they converted it to the sanctuary and research area since we were never told to leave. Mostly cat fishing, but caught some pike in there. Don't know about the current situation, since we also caught pike in the Huron river backwater back then as well. The Huron basin looks to shallow/filled in with silt for pike currently.

Keeping the estuary off limits is probably not a bad thing. Not many natural areas of that size around and provides a protected breeding ground for spawning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One of the best fisheries in the state until it was shut down to fishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts