close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old State Park

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Papascott, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Saw someone fishing at the OSP today. Anyone know the thinness of the ice:)

2. I Think Tx Should Go Out There And Check It And Let Us Know. Sound Good Tx? Lol

3. I was out at the OSP today,I was driving a white and blue bonneville.I went out at about 2:30p.m. ice was 3" cloudy though.Walked out around fallen tree and straight across to the other side.Caught about thirty bluegill and a couple redear and one 10"bass nothing over 7", I fed alot of cranes.Right before dark I crept out to the tree at the island on Rex lake not quite 2" wouldn't recomend it before more cold days come.I didn't stay there long felt like the ice was going to give.Cant wait untill this weekend.

4. You were the crazy lone guy I saw. With this crazy weather coming tomorrow thurs and friday the ice production will slow down if we get the predicted 6-9 inches of white stuff:(

Scott

5. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

The channel by my house has 1 1/2 inches. I haven't the cast iron needed to go out on it yet! I hope after this weekend we can get on it!

Gene

6. So does anyone know what the details are on the closing of the park? I thought we weren't going to be able to access it this year for ice fishing due to construction.

7. Old state park is a launch ramp to the Portage Lakes. The road that leads back to the park is off of East Turkeyfoot Lake Road (or rt 619).

8. Thanks Tx. I Was Just Kidding You Because I Know How You Feel About Pucker Factor.

9. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

2" of slush on top of the ice now. I put my snow shovel on the ice and leaned my weight onto it off the end of my dock and the ice broke.Looks to be about 1.5" thick! Man Throwback you got big-uns! Hopefully this next cold snap will do the trick but I don't know.....they are calling for warmer days next week!

Gene

10. Not sure what it's going to do... All the slush is going to freeze over the next couple days with the single digit temps, but that's going to lead to some pretty crappy ice, a small clear layer, the 1 1/2 inches Tx Trans talked about, then the frozen slush. That's usually not reall good, strong ice.

Exercise EXTREME caution out there fellas. BE SAFE!!!