close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old State Park???

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Big Daddy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Is it fishable yet??? ;)

Drove by the beaver marsh in the Cuyahoga valley (Riverview Rd) and it was frozen all the way across.

Hopefully, the cold will stick around awhile!

2. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

BD......you and me both....If it's going to be winter, so be it. Stay cold, chuck the snow fall aside.....and be cold enough to give us the ice......Besides I got a feeling that there is some "toe tappin going on out there somewhere.....YOU WOULDN"T KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THAT!!!!! WOULD YOU?...........hope a good season's ahead this year.....Jon Sr.

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

saw this body of water completely frozen over, i tried walking on it and i fell through.:p

Attached Files:

4. in barberton on robinson avenue. theres a pond and its half covered with ice. i seen it today and about freaked out i was so excited. hope it comes soon.

5. Can't wait BD... Last season was nearly a bust for me b/c of a health challenge, but I'm rarin' to go..

Yesterday I visited Land Big Fish at Coventry Plaza and puchased some line for my rods.

They don't have there ice gear out yet, hope to do so within the next week or so.

6. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

John.....good to see you back posting again for this season....Better yet, to know that you are getting your tackle ready for some "hard-water" sessions...I also sent you a PM...........No bust, this season.

7. Know exactly where the pond is b/c I live only a mile or so from it..off Lockwood Rd if you know where it is.

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Hi John,
    Since you are near Lockwood have you ever fished the quarry in Snydertown summer or winter?

9. Nope.. never heard of anyone doing it.. not sure if there is access to it either. Isnt it private property?

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Yes it is private. Used to sneak in there over 20 years ago. Getting a little old for combat fishing though.
    I hear the city wants to make that area from the quarry to SR 619 an office park.

11. Yeah, former & retired local First Merit Bank Mgr, Tom Anders and Jack Wood are spearheading toward develop ment into a housing development.

When I was a kid, we always sneeked into Lake Dorothy for some great fishing times and memories

12. nice i dont live to far from ya then im by belgrades. i fished the quarry when i was younger used to get real nice gills in there. ya i used to sneak down there through snydertown and fish with my buddies those were the days haaa. and i used to fish that pond on robinson. there was some huge carp in there. and we'd get some cats too. all on bread.

13. I'll hit my normal places... Old State Park will be my first place.. then I'll venture to North Reservoir, Rex Lake and hopefully to East Reservoir once we get good ice.

Since I'm working 2nd shift these days, I plan on doing alot of early morning fishing and plan on hitting Mogadore also.