Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Possible six months in jail and $1000 fine for killing a deer?? I think there are far better things for the court system to tackle that putting a 75 year old woman on trial for something like this.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just saw that on the news, just not right.

·
officially unofficial!!!!
2,536 Posts
i wouldn't wanna be her paperboy and accidently toss one in the flowerbed!:Banane36:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
She deserves everything she gets ..Good thing I am not the judge..I would throw the old bag in jail for at least a week...Now that pisses me off a small defensless fawn...I am a deer hunter but this makes me mad....The old witch...I would like to walk through her flowers and step on everyone.....JIM....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Possible six months in jail and $1000 fine for killing a deer?? I think there are far better things for the court system to tackle that putting a 75 year old woman on trial for something like this.

Suppose it was an 18 year old kid..Same thoughts?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Suppose it was an 18 year old kid..Same thoughts?
Probably not;) I look at this sort of thing like I do animal rights people..when every human, child is treated humanely I will worry about the animals. I know if a deer was messing with my garden it probably should not get within shovel distance. I guess that is another question, how the heck did a 75 year old woman get close enough to a wild deer to boink it over the head:eek:

·
Registered
413 Posts
She does not deserve jail. Just fine her that old woman doesn't need to do time. I can say the same for over half on this forum that kill a harmless snake all the time.

Know what animal kills more people every year? Deer do.

·
Here We Go Steelers
1,142 Posts
I agree 100%..How about arresting the dope pushers and the crack houses? A group just destroyed a neighbors car two houses away from me the other night, thinking they were someone else, and the local Springfield Ohio Police Dept didn't even pull the prints that were all over these peoples car.

How about doing something about actual CRIMES?

Who gives a rats butt if some old lady killed a fawn? That's all we hear about is how many deer there are in and around neighborhoods now. Now we have 1 less to worry about, is it really going to matter? NO

Some of the dumb ass things people get worked up about these days is just amazing. Someone in this thread even said: "someone should hit the old lady with a shovel"...Do you really believe that? If so, you are in need of some professional help IMO.

How many of you have dope houses close to your house? How about unkept/abandoned houses? Do you get your panties in a bunch of these issues?

I guess not..Why? Too hard to get something done? Too much time involved to get the ball rolling? But yet jumping on a 75 yr olds case is the one thing that grabs your attention??:(

I personally just don't understand.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree 100%..How about arresting the dope pushers and the crack houses? A group just destroyed a neighbors car two houses away from me the other night, thinking they were someone else, and the local Springfield Ohio Police Dept didn't even pull the prints that were all over these peoples car.

How about doing something about actual CRIMES?

Who gives a rats butt if some old lady killed a fawn? That's all we hear about is how many deer there are in and around neighborhoods now. Now we have 1 less to worry about, is it really going to matter? NO

Some of the dumb ass things people get worked up about these days is just amazing. Someone in this thread even said: "someone should hit the old lady with a shovel"...Do you really believe that? If so, you are in need of some professional help IMO.

How many of you have dope houses close to your house? How about unkept/abandoned houses? Do you get your panties in a bunch of these issues?

I guess not..Why? Too hard to get something done? Too much time involved to get the ball rolling? But yet jumping on a 75 yr olds case is the one thing that grabs your attention??:(

I personally just don't understand.

Not to many people on here are affected by dope houses. I have to agree with what you said I live outside of Marysville in town there are a few slums. Along with having Friends and Family in Columbus see them alot down there.

There are plenty of things for people to worry about that they just turn a shoulder to.

Yet a woman smacks a deer and they jump on her like nothing.

Plenty of other things people could worry about but that would only make sense.

·
Amateur legend
3,009 Posts
i agree with what some of you are saying about the dope houses and the real crimes but those are things that are affecting people negatively, what harm was this deer doing? it surely wasn't in her bushes selling crack or tagging the side of her house it was looking for food and she beats it to death. i am not a tree hugger actually i am an avid hunter but there is a difference in humane and not humane. if she killed this thing with by just hitting it once and it fell over dead that is one strong granny. i've seen them run for 100 yards + with a double lung shot. what i'm getting at here is no i don't think she should go to jail but they should fine the crap out of her. she did something that was against the law and she should be punished.

·
Registered
47 Posts
first off, if it was a younger person then i am sure they would throw the book at them. second, she broke several game laws. next time i have a deer in my yard am i gonna whack it because it was stomping its feet at me? (i thought it was gonna charge me like a bull!!). age should have nothing to do with it. just like when an elderly person confuses the gas and brake pedals and mows down 15 people....well, they are old and blah blah blah....if a younger person was to do that then they would be charged with something. crime is crime no matter what the age is.

·
Registered
16,822 Posts
I think the fawn broke the law. He had no right living in Euclid. The lady may have saved him from comitting suicide like those other deer that jumped off the bridge in that same area last month...

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
I think the woman may have been a been misguided in her actions but personally I think it is way over the top to give her any jail time for the action. Game wardens hand out nuisance permits to landowners to remove deer from their property to reduce/eliminate damage from them. I realize that there was no permit given out in this instance but even if it was you will still have people up in arms about her actions. I don't live in an urban area with a overabundance of deer but have heard the stories. Most likely she is fed up with them eating her flowers, bushes, etc.

I don't go around killing deer out of season and in my current setting see no need to do so but I have taken vengeance on groundhogs on many occasions. The only real difference is 100+ pounds.;)

·
Banned
798 Posts
another reason why local governments are going broke. They are wasting tax payer money to tackle hard hitting crimes like this. IMO, give her a 135 dollar fine, and call it a day. With all the wasteful spending local/state and national courts need to put the brakes on retarded court cases like this. If she would have hit it with her car, no one would have said shizzz... So next time a deer gets in her garden, she should back the buick up over top of it.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.