close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old gas help please

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by justme, Jul 19, 2004.

1. I need to get rid of some old gas..any info would be helpful..tried pep boys and advanced ...no help..

2. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

I use any old mixed gas that's left in my truck. The 50 to 1 mix mixed with a partially filled truck tank causes no problems. Have done it many times.

3. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Any quick oil change facility that changes fuel filters should take it. If not, try a recycling center.

4. where you been....have not heard from ya..

5. I had some old gas from one of my pushmowers I fixed last winter, and memorial day weekend we cooked burgers over open fire. It started the fire pretty well, though the guy lighting it is just now starting to grow hair on his knuckles again lol. I really don't suggest doing that, or at least use a rolled up newspaper instead of a lighter. But, if you've got any anthills in your backyard, or wasp nests for that matter, pouring a little bit down the holes will remedy the problem. You don't even have to light it, it takes care of them without burning. I've done this a couple times myself to try to control the ants in the backyard. Just don't go pouring a whole gallon though, as it will eventually find itself to a water source.