Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through some stuff in the attic and came across one of my old Cox tether airplane motors from the 70's. I'm sure some of you old timers remember these. It took me back to simpler times when a kid could be a kid albeit missing a finger or two. ;)
airplane motor.jpg

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never had an airplane engine but had a Cox 250 sidewinder in my GT 40 slot car. (1965) Still have it!
That's really cool!!!
I can still remember the smell of the fuel. :)
Me too! It has a unique odor and I'd recognize it in a second.
I had a P51 i believe, it didnt last very long before it crashed lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Nice! Can't remember what mine were exactly, but I do remember crashing them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Going through some stuff in the attic and came across one of my old Cox tether airplane motors from the 70's. I'm sure some of you old timers remember these. It took me back to simpler times when a kid could be a kid albeit missing a finger or two. ;)
View attachment 462041
I remember whacking the @!$& out of my fingers trying to start them.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,403 Posts
I had a P51 i believe, it didnt last very long before it crashed lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Haw! I had one too. Don't remember the model, but I do remember how fast it was! Had a bunch of minor wrecks which I kept fixing until I got the hang of flying it. Finally had it going around real good, but then I started to get dizzy. I started wobbling around, and the plane began going up and down like it was on a roller coaster. Finally I flew it into a power climb straight up over my head and into a power dive nose first into the ground on the other side. That was the end of that plane!

·
assassin
231 Posts
View attachment 462041
Man that brings back memories. Cox 049 with battery clip to gloplug-prime that baby and crank er up. Mine had a spring you would attach to the prop,wind it backwards and let er go.Was on the back of an old style Indy car and we used to run it on the school playground on a tether-was Quick

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
My brother was really into them. He crashed his planes so much he finally just started designing and making his own. I remember as he got more advanced he went with remote control models. He flew one of his planes too close to some power lines and it messed up his controls and they wouldn't respond any more. I can still picture him and his friend chasing after the plane as it flew off in a straight line. He launched at a park but finally found his plane in someone's yard a few streets away.
Man that was a long time ago.
Those remote controls really peak my brother's interests in electronics and he ended up getting a degree as an electrical engineer.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Never had an airplane engine but had a Cox 250 sidewinder in my GT 40 slot car. (1965) Still have it!
Speaking of slot cars, I also found a box with some old smaller scale track and guardrails. I'm sure there are some cars and more track if I dig deep enough. I had a light blue Ford GT with white stripes that's probably up there somewhere.
slot car track.jpg
slot car track2.jpg

·
TeamOGF
6,985 Posts
Yeppers!
I had a Cox Navy 2-seater trainer in 5th grade I bought from a neighbor kid. Serious dizziness. LOL

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
I had a white mustang that was like a funny car. It ran down a string. Thing would scream!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Speaking of slot cars, I also found a box with some old smaller scale track and guardrails. I'm sure there are some cars and more track if I dig deep enough. I had a light blue Ford GT with white stripes that's probably up there somewhere.
View attachment 462051 View attachment 462052
Still have a bunch of that Aurora stuff, from my youth. Last used w/a nephew....who’s now 40-some years old. Probably should squirrel it away before My Bride cans it during a Cleaning Fit. 😉

1 - 20 of 60 Posts