close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old batteries

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Warpath, Jan 13, 2005.

1. I have a friend who has 5 yellow top Optima batteries which have unfortunately have sat on the concrete for awhile. Can these batteries be refurbed and used in my bass boat? I know the Optima blue tops are for marine use, but can it make that much difference?

Eric

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

most of the new bateries are heavily insulated and sitting on concrete doesn't effect them, I know i have 3 sitting in my garage in cold weather in concrete and they would be able to start my car/boat/anything else I need right up. try charginf them up and using one or two at a time, as long as they are deep cycle, they should work fine for whatever.

3. Concrete hasn't effected batteries for many, MANY, years. Whether they're still good or not I don't know. Can't hurt to charge them up and try. If they're not good, it has nothing to do with the concrete.

4. Do you guys think that there is much difference in the yellow versus the blu or red top batteries from Optima? I would think they would be interchangable. Thanks for the info.

Eric

5. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

6. I gotcha. Thanks for the info guys!

Eric