Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a few new baits to try so I took advantage of the sun and headed out to the lake to give them a try. Lindy has a new worm harness that looks really cool and I had some custom Wally stingers painted.

I tried the Lindy harness first. I picked up a nice bluegill pretty quick but not the species I was hoping for. Not being an expert worm harness guy I lost confidence in my skills after a few drifts and decided to give the custom Wally Stingers a try. I had them running about 12' deep 100' back around 2.5 mph. I think the fish were much shallower much earlier in the day than I counted on. So I went back to old faithful, my favorite blue Wally Diver and right away I picked up my PB saugeye 18". Not a monster but a solid keeper and perfect pan size. I picked up a few more dinks, a nice crappie, and even a few sheepshead. All fish ate the Wally Diver.

The sun began to set so I headed home. I thawed some crappie, filleted the saugeye and cooked fish on the tailgate of my truck in the Coleman stove. It was delicious.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think runnin those big Stingers at 12' was too deep. I think they had already moved up to feed. I'll try them again later when I can find'm deep. They make a smaller version so I may pick some of those up and see how they run. The stingers ran great, so I'm hoping the smaller ones will to. I hate wondering if my baits need tuned as I'm pullin 'm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts