close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old Abu Garcia reel

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Slikster, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Slikster

Slikster Shore Bound

I have an old Ambassedure FIVE baitcasting reel that is probably 15 years old if not older. This has been my longtime big lake/catfish reel since I got it. Casts like a champ! I love the sound of hearing the reel spin when I let loose with a monster cast. I'm not positive, but I might possibly love this reel more than I do my woman! LOL

Unfortunately, over the years the drag has gotten worse and it's time to look into getting it fixed or replacing the reel. If I had my choice, I'd get my reel fixed. My question is, does anyone know of someplace where I can send the reel to have it fixed properly considering it's age? Does Abu Garcia have a repair program?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd hate to give up on a perfectly broke in baitcaster thats given so many years of service.

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

from what i have found they carry parts for a good majority of their reels, check into it at their website

3. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

http://www.lakeforktacklerepair.com/ Tell Connie or Killer that UFM82 sent you there. They'll do a super job of repairing and cleaning up your reel. It will be like new when you get it back. They've been friends for a long time and they are super people. Last May they drove all the way from Lake Fork to fish with a big group of us in Dunkirk, New York. That's a LONG drive with a boat to see friends. They are super.

It'll be worth the money spent if you want the best.

UFM82