Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'll be up there for my first trip ever this weekend. We are taking a charter on Fri. and trying on our own on Sat. We are all really looking forward to this one. If any other OGF folks are up there, give us a call on the radio, I go by DJ.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm headed up Friday. What channel will you be on? Anyone got any starting points and what's been working?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Since I'm new to the Olcott area, I don't know what channel to follow. I'm used to following 68 in the Ashtabula/Geneva area, so maybe I will stick with that?

·
Registered
58 Posts
How does the meat on these fish compare to ocean going salmon? are they more for the smoker or does it actually taste good grilled? I've always been curious but never have gotten any answers

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
We brought home a lot of salmon filets last weekend. The meat is excellent for the grill, broiled, baked, smoked, anyway you like.

We used to fish Lake O in late August and the fish caught that late in the season are noticeably different that the fish we now catch during our trips in mid July. The July fish are very firm. The late August fish can get pretty soft.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts