Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a Lake Erie thread but I'm sure most of you have chased salmon as well. Didn't think I was gonna make it up this year but we managed a very very long day trip. Left at. 2:30am to drive up there and are still currently on the way home. Just want to share. Spinnies green flies 220 fow 70-80 down on the riggers and 200 on. 2 setting on wire disputes. Personal best 30lb8oz pig and 2 more upper 20s. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1376271339.236324.jpg

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Way to go, it doesn't get any better than that, looks like a great day weather wise too, Mike

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great fish, we were looking for those sizes!! Fishes Thurs/Sunday, Stayed at Lakeview motel. Awesome place, $85 a night and run by two great people. Had a trailer issue and the owner followed us to the ramp and took the trailer to get serviced. He also had a boat plug we could use too. Still under debate is who in the crew is responsible for that!!!! LOL. Met a LOU poster and he gave us intel on where and how to fish. Only being our second trip up there it came in handy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Is that the small motel across the road ? Do all the rooms have showers yet? Years ago, they didn't. We usually stay at lighthouse motel, 106 a nite for 4guys, nice little efficiencies, a block away from marina. Mike

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lakeview motel is 5mins west of Wilson Tuscarora state park right on SR 18. They have a deep freezer u can freeze milk jugs/pop bottles for ice and keep your bounty in. Again, great owners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts