close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ok,whats the odds this weekend at mosq or berlin?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by marauder1999, Apr 29, 2004.

1. marauder1999

marauder1999 Here fishey fishey

Looking for some shore crappie this weekend. They are bound to start hitting with the warm up we are getting starting thursday,, Dont u think :confused: I bet if we all pray to the fishing gods, :rolleyes: he might listen or he might bless us with some more cold weather. :eek: Imagine that,,,,,Ohio,,, cold,,,,,,rainy,,,,,,,dreary,,,,,,,Sigh.

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I take the first week of May off every year and spend it at Mosquito walleye fishing. I'm hoping for mid 50's, cloudy, 10-15 knot winds directly from the south or north. A little rain or drizzle wouldn't hurt either.
    I don't consider that dreary. I consider that walleyes in the boat weather.
    Looks like Ohio isn't going to let me down this year either! :) :) :D At least for the first half of the week.

sunny, no wind, high barometric pressure, flat lake...SIGH

3. I'll be at Mosquito tomorrow and my odds are never really good. I hope to pick up a few eyes and a stray crappie or two, but will settle for the peace of an outdoor experience as I sit in my Starcraft and drift around all day. Hoping for overcast, drizzle, some breeze....it'll keep the fair weather yahoos at home with their dishnetwork. Maybe a downpour will rinse the spilled coffee out of my boat carpet.

I'm assuming jigs/twistertails/minnies still work, but will try vibee's, cranks, harnesses, and worms too.

Shallow or deep is the question...???

4. I will be there saturday morning with sleeping wife in tow.
    I start at the stumps fields then work over to the vegatation fields if needed.
    Give a shout on 79 if you have radio. Hope to be there by 9 AM

5. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

walleyes at mosquito s h a l l o w.. 6ft or less. jig/crawler

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

shallow.
    1-5' on the west end in the weeds. If you see a 14' red Lund drifting the weedbeds, that's probably me.
    Stop by and say hello. Might want to use my real name Mike instead of Lewzer in case it isn't me. :D

7. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I will be at berlin saturday

8. I will be there in the am also I will be in a off white sea nymph with pike getter on side I will look for you all and you look for me.

9. kingcrappie

kingcrappie Member

Does not look like the weather is going to cooperate :mad: