Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some shore crappie this weekend. They are bound to start hitting with the warm up we are getting starting thursday,, Dont u think :confused: I bet if we all pray to the fishing gods, :rolleyes: he might listen or he might bless us with some more cold weather. :eek: Imagine that,,,,,Ohio,,, cold,,,,,,rainy,,,,,,,dreary,,,,,,,Sigh.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
I take the first week of May off every year and spend it at Mosquito walleye fishing. I'm hoping for mid 50's, cloudy, 10-15 knot winds directly from the south or north. A little rain or drizzle wouldn't hurt either.
I don't consider that dreary. I consider that walleyes in the boat weather.
Looks like Ohio isn't going to let me down this year either! :) :) :D At least for the first half of the week.

sunny, no wind, high barometric pressure, flat lake...SIGH

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'll be at Mosquito tomorrow and my odds are never really good. I hope to pick up a few eyes and a stray crappie or two, but will settle for the peace of an outdoor experience as I sit in my Starcraft and drift around all day. Hoping for overcast, drizzle, some breeze....it'll keep the fair weather yahoos at home with their dishnetwork. Maybe a downpour will rinse the spilled coffee out of my boat carpet.

I'm assuming jigs/twistertails/minnies still work, but will try vibee's, cranks, harnesses, and worms too.

Shallow or deep is the question...???

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I will be there saturday morning with sleeping wife in tow.
I start at the stumps fields then work over to the vegatation fields if needed.
Give a shout on 79 if you have radio. Hope to be there by 9 AM

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
shallow.
1-5' on the west end in the weeds. If you see a 14' red Lund drifting the weedbeds, that's probably me.
Stop by and say hello. Might want to use my real name Mike instead of Lewzer in case it isn't me. :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
I will be there in the am also I will be in a off white sea nymph with pike getter on side I will look for you all and you look for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts