Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a dilema. Looking for a new yak and stuck between these two. Anyone out there have one of these models that would share their opinion on it? I can get the ok a bit cheaper than the native but thats about the only thing that has it winning at this time.

Sent from my C811 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm loving my ok trident 15'7"! It has a good balance between speed and stability. I can knock down 25 mile trips in one day and I can stand in it still. I've stood in a wilderness systems ride 115 and it is more stable but its a pain to paddle over distances. I think ok has done a great job balancing the hull shape for easy paddling and stability. I will say of the two ok seats I've tried they are horrible! I'm using the bass pro shops ascend seat now and I can and have spent whole days on my boat with little issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
475 Posts
My wife has a Manta Ray 11...she absolutely loves it....very comfortable seat, very stable.....I have used it and concurr w/her assessment, but prefer my NW U-12 for my purposes.

Mike

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
I'm in a dilema. Looking for a new yak and stuck between these two. Anyone out there have one of these models that would share their opinion on it? I can get the ok a bit cheaper than the native but thats about the only thing that has it winning at this time.
I'm not sure I've seen either one of these yaks, but if $$ is the only thing going for the Trident I'd save until I had the cash for the Manta. Not knocking a yak I don't know, I think you'll be happier in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts