Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started out at the bell bouy off Cedar Point, nothing but junk and the water didn't look too good. Moved a little east for deeper water, more of the same. So I decided to run to the s.e corner of Kellys, a couple perch, and many sheep. Moved to the airport in 37 fow and finished the day, with a lot! of sorting. Ended with 47 for two guys 13 pounds at the cleaners.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
It was slow up north as well. we moved about 6 times and I got tired of pulling the big anchor on my buddy's sportcraft. I hope he gets a windlass for CHristmas next winter!

3 of us ended with just 55 that weighed 22 lbs.

·
Registered
627 Posts
question when you give your weigh of the fish you caught. Is that fillets lbs or whole fish lbs. As I got out on the 4th and we had 32 lbs of fish and ended up with 13.5 lbs of fillets and we had 70 fish for 3 of us...

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I almost ran to the shoal, but with the threat of storms and my little boat, I didn't want to push it, I launched from Sandusky and I top out in the low 30s.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
927 Posts
Good job. I have a good spot to check out this coming week one morning that we fished a lot last summer with great results. It is about 7 miles east of the bell buoy if I recall correctly but the fish usually averaged around 10" and was a reasonably quick bite. Too bad my waypoint is in the Lowrance on the Seaswirl that I traded in.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fished west side of Kelly's on Saturday. Slow but nice sized perch. Lots of trash. Moved to North of the quarry dock and same story. Moved to the red can North of Kelly's and a few more perch but same story. Slow with lots of trash. Ended with 37 for two people.

·
Tontogany1
89 Posts
Same story here on Saturday - started just west of red can on Gull and got 7 keepers - then moved to West side of Kellys in about 29 feet and finished off with limit. Took a while ( lots of junk ) - ended up with 9Lbs for 30 - not great but better than nothing !

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Give a try about 200 yds South of the Kelly's Island Shoal buoy, tore up the 9 inchers a couple weeks ago, fish were layin in the mud, drop rig, drag up very slow, WHAM, was throwing back 8 inchers, Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.