close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohiogamefishing.com Grand Opening Celebration Bash!!!

Discussion in 'OGF News and Events' started by tpet96, Apr 7, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Ohiogamefishing.com Grand Opening Celebration Bash

What? Ohiogamefishing.com Grand Opening Celebration Bash

Where? Cripple Creek Bait and Tackle, Jim Corey’s Shop on Tappan Lake

When? June 19, 2004

$10 Entry All Species Tournament- Tappan Lake- 9:00AM-2:00PM

FREE Cookout (Our Gift to You)- 3:30PM

FREE Raffle of Donated Prizes during/after cookout

FREE Games for Kids ages 5-12 with Prizes!

Who? All Members of Ohiogamefishing.com and Their Families and Friends!

Why? To Celebrate The Opening of Ohio's COMPLETE Angler Resource: Ohiogamefishing.com

Come join us at Jim Corey's Cripple Creek Bait and Tackle on June 19, 2004 for the Grand Opening Celebration Bash of Ohio's NEWEST and COMPLETE Angler Resource: Ohiogamefishing.com A list of events are as follows:

-All Species Tournament on Tappan Lake 9:00AM / Weigh-in 2:00 PM

($10 Entry, 5-fish Limit - Total Weight, ALL Species Included. Payback 100%: 1st- 60% 2nd- 25% 3rd- 15%). Wife/Husband/Partners/Family Teams Permitted as long as in the same boat, or in the same bankspace. Only 5 fish per paying registered participant (IE: Suzy and Bob each pay entry fee. Suzy catches 5 fish, Bob catches 5 fish. They both can only weigh their 5 fish each seperately. If Bob and Suzy only pay 10 entry fee and fish as a team, they can only register 5 fish between the 2 of them.) This is for fun...not strict competition.

-Cookout At Cripple Creek Bait and Tackle at 3:30 PM. ALL FOOD Provided by Ohiogamefishing.com FREE of charge to you. Just repay us with your good company! Just bring your chairs to sit on, and any camp tables you may have to sit food on!

-Free Raffle of Donated Prizes during or after the cookout

-Games for Kids (ages 5-12) (3-legged Run, Egg Carry, Waterballoon Toss, etc.) with prizes hosted by Fishinchick!

For those that may be interested, feel free to post here to RSVP. We need to know the following:

How many in your party? (You/Partner(s)/Kids):

How Many Kids Attending With you for games?:

Do you plan to fish the tournament?:

Preference: Cola/Diet Cola/Doesn’t Matter

Thanks in advance. Hope to see y'all there! For more details or information, feel free to post here, or email myself or another of the Development Team. Once again, Thank YOU for making this site what it is!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I will get directions, etc. added to the main post in the near future.!

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Hope everyone can attend! Should be a great time.

4. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Definately be there :cool:

5. catking

catking Banned

Rumor has it DA KING !!! might be a chef for the day :eek: :eek: This will be a grand event. Please make plans to attend. CATKING.

6. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Im gonna write it down on the calander. Shake if the fish arent biting are you taking us for ski and tubin lessons lol.

Catking.. If you're the chef wow they must be real tight on help LOL. Dont thing about wearing a cooking apron that says kiss the cook. Although tpet may catch you a carp to kiss if your real good. :D

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hey zfish,

Make sure you dress up in a carp outfit that day ;)

8. Zfish

Lol.... I dont know about that. Crappielooker might chase me down and try to stuff me with corn or something. Timjc may try hitting me with that sling shot of his and that just dont sound like too much fun. :D I'm plannin on taking the boat down. Hopefully catch a few eyes or crappies. Hey have you been down to Delaware spillway lately?

9. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

nope. Haven't done much of anything lately :)

10. ShakeDown

That's not a half bad idea :) I'll bring the tube, you guys bring the swim suits and bandaids because I WILL HURT YOU if you tube :)

Tappan have a beach? I would love to offer up my services as a waterski/tube puller at the event for anyone interested, who may not want to fish...I'd require proof of insurance though, and a letter signed in blood in the event you sustain bodily injury :)

11. Zfish

Lol You got it. But dont feel bad if I show up with something that will blow you're boat away. LMAO. Dont worry man being a fishing outting I wouldnt do that to ya. But as soon as its warm enough I'll take you up on that offer.
    I'll be all fixed up and ready to run sometime Saturday if Im real lucky :D You fishing anywhere this Sunday? Oh yeah the signature on the bottom is pretty sweet. Now that you finally have a boat that will do more than 35 :D

12. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

The Tournament idea is a good idea. BUT there will have to be a better system for payouts. You can't expect someone that has their kid fishing and catches 5 bluegills or 5-perch to compete with someone that catches 3 carp that weigh 15 pounds. Not a good idea. I say we let each entry choose the type of fish they are going to fish for and that money goes to the winner of that type. Remember this isn't about winning a lot of money, it to get our name out and for us to have a good time. Would you enter a tournament if you didn't fish for carp or catfish,and all you wanted to fish for were panfish? I don't think so. This is something we have to work on before the outing. Let make it fair so anyone, including KIDS! can win something. Remember some of these kids don't have the expensive tackle and knowledge that we have. I want this to be a fun time not a dog eat dog fight for the top prize.Let give everyone a chance to say they won. Just an idea to think about.

13. ShakeDown

I gotta agree with Dale here...gotta make it doable for everyone. I think Dale just volunteered to bring his scales and be the weigh master :)

14. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Dale........PM me with how YOU want to see it run then. I personally don't see any sense in making a tournament where you pay your entry for each species. Bassers? Say there's 5. You pay for bass......if you win in that category, you get the $$. If someone wants to flathead fish (which that lake is AWESOME FOR) and they are the only entry, then they only win their $10 back if they catch one. That's kind of pointless. I think it's fair and square to include all species into one personally. I have just a good of chance to catch a carp or musky as you do.

15. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

OK lets try this. Take the total entry money and divide it up in how ever many different types of fish people want to fish for. So let say if you have some that are crappie fishing, bass, walleye, carp, catfish and bluegills that would be 6 different pay backs. Divide the total by 6- and the winner of each one get the money. You may only have 2- carpin, three cattin, 6 crappie, and so on. That way each type of fish has a winner. There are no loosers just winners this way.I'd also say each person only weighs in 1- fish per entry. That way the biggest of each is the winner, less chance of fish dying etc. This would give even the smallest child as well as the most expearenced adult a chance to win. Pretty simple way of having a good time by all.

16. catking

catking Banned

Something in the way of Dale sounds good. We could also break it into two groups. Grown ups and kids.But the dividing the entry into how ever many species people sign up fo will work.I'll even throw in a good prize for what ever kid catches the biggest fish ;) We have alittle time to get this worked out, but it will be here before we know it. We could limit the species you fish for - Carp- Cats-Bass-panfish. Something like that, and you sign up for whatever species in our list. CATKING.......I'll be back American Idol is on :D

17. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I agree that limiting the the types of fish is a good idea. Have four or five different groups, bass, cats, carp, 'eyes, panfish. You could even group have one that takes all species and then just a bass and 'eye one. I know if it is for all species that I will just fish and not enter the tourny because I will be going after 'eyes or bass, and there is no realistic chance to win the tourny fishing for those. I don't know how to make it happen, but there is alot of time to come up with something, hopefully I can make it there!

18. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

"I'll be back American Idol is on"
    Lewis: I'll be back, a Susan Sarandon movie is on.
    Shortdrift: I'll be back, a Mellow Yellow commercial is on.
    Crappiebub: I'll be back, my therapist is on the phone.
    Husky Hooker: I'll be back, my sheep are in the meadow, my cows are in the corn.
    Justcrazy: I'll be back, Realtree Outdoors is on.
    Corey: I'll be back, Stripperella is on.
    Wormdrowner: I'll be back, my Victorias' Secret catalog is on the doorstep.
    :D :D :D :D

19. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

I just called about the tent. I did't get an answer but left a message for Bob to call back. I'll post when I have more info.