close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ohio State Trappers Convention

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by davycrockett, Sep 8, 2005.

1. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

Hi, folks. Just wanted to fill you in on a great happening. The Ohio State Trappers Association will have there annual convention Sept. 9-11 at the Pickaway Co. fairgrounds in Circleville. Even if you don't trap, there is still plenty to see and buy. There is often "tailgaters" peddling goods outside from the back of pickups. I have seen guns, hunting and fishing gear, and antiqes for sale in the past. For a fun time and a chance to buy some cool stuff, check out the Saturday night auction. Everyone always has a blast and the procedes go to the organization. The auction also raises money for Dream Catchers which is a org. similar to Make A Wish. The problem with Make A wish is they don't grant wishes that have anything to do with Hunting, Fishing, or Trapping! :mad: Thats where Dream catchers comes in. They grant wishes to kids with terminal illnesses that want to take part in one of these. Anyways its a great cause. For more info go to www.ohiostatetrapper.org Hope some of you can make it! ;)

2. Is there a charge? I did not see one on the web page.

3. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

Walter, now that you mentioned it the page doesn't have the entry fee. I'll have to point that out to the directors for following years. I can't recall for sure but I don't think it is more than $7, less if you are a member.Don't hold me to that!! :confused: :D

4. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Drove by a couple times on the way out and then back from goose hunting. Looks like there was some cool stuff out there! I'll be taking the boy out after we hunt in the morning to take a look around.