Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know any where that has public access for fishing on the Ohio River close to Cincinnati

·
Master of Nothing
936 Posts
The public landing downtown would be the closest to the Cincinnati area. The parking there is not the best if you go later in the day because its packed out with cars. Your best bet is to hit early in the morning before other people get there so you will be sure to have a place to park.

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
You can fish the mouth of the licking at Taylor Park on the Kentucky side. It is right across from the ballpark and has parking.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So the two places mentioned are good. Have caught 5-9 lb cats at the serpentine wall (in front of the breakers). Your ohio license covers the mouth of the licking...done that, easy access and sometimes really big fish. Also schmit field down on eastern avenue...down stream from the boat launch...that one you have to wait for closer to summer pool...can be too fast for a 4oz to hold & rocks sometimes....also big fish.....saw a dead paddlefish there last year, 38" not a mark on it and dead as doornail. Protected too. I've also fished closer to the stadium wall going the other way on the public landing....not so good...at least for me. Best bait...livers, then crawlers, and sometimes....cut skipjacks.....

The one bad thing about the serpentine is no place to put your pole. I've done the pole dive more than once because I wasn't paying attention and almost lost my rig. Freakin wipers don't screw around and blammo, your pole is outa there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts